Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Yesterday Was Not A So LUCKY Day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    The allen bolts behind the warranty seal should not be tightened, as they are the backlash adjustments. If they are tightened completely, the motor will not move.
    Tron, the bolts that I tightened were in the inside of the casing, not the ones behind the warranty sticker seal. These two bolts were holding the motor, one was fairly loose the other was not snugged.

It rained last night so my backyard is a swamp, hopefully tomorrow I will ge the chance to work with the larger dish.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    That should be okay to tighten.

My yard does the same thing after heavy rain. Keep us updated, hope the loose fitting was the issue.
    Current systems: 3X GEOSATpro microHD PVRs; Digitrans DTE-7150 DVB/Digicipher II; SiliconDust HDHomeRun ATSC/QAM networked tuners; fixed 1 meter Channel Master dish with Eagle Aspen P870 FSS stacked Ku LNB; 2X 3ABN 36" dishes with Sadoun KBSL1 stacked Ku LNBFs on Powermax SG-9120B H-H motors; fixed Sadoun SD180G 1.8 meter dish with Eagle Aspen B1SAT stacked C LNBF; Winegard Square Shooter OTA DTV antenna

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just set the 1M Ku band dish project aside for now. With all the previous rain that this area experiernced in the last weeks my backyard ground got over saturated and it has affected the pole alinghtment therefore after installing the 1M dish the last time, I bubble checked the pole and it is out of kilter....Going have to replace the pole with a much deeper in ground.

Louisiana water table is very shallow and this dish is a bit too top heavy for the pole, the pole was not bury deep enough and it moved out of alightment....The pole worked perfect for the small dish, but not anynore.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=avenger;3114559]
    The weather got cold so I called it a day....
    [QUOTE=avenger;3114559]

If you have no signal on 110, try taking a receiver outside, eliminate the cable and the motor as culprits before swapping out lnb.
    BTW; it is warm here -11f at 8am this morning...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_0394.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	300.7 KB 
ID:	86037

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678