Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mini SAT 2012

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Cham did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Cham did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Cham did! Be COOL like Cham and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bell 24" dish and a very similar LNBF, that size dish almost picks up G19; borderline at best. It will take very precise fine tuning and a clear day. At sea level with all the moisture in the air it may not work... but if you do get it to work you will have had some good experience and will find setting up a larger dish a cakewalk.

I use the 24' dish as a birdbath now.
    AzBox Ultra, 10' bud, ASC1, Corotor II and Norsats, WSI-9036 & HH120 / Avenger PLL321S-2
    MicroHD, 90cm Geosat Pro, SG2100 & SP1PLL
    + various dishes, LNBs , switches, and receivers.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! A Raine did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, A Raine did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, A Raine did! Be COOL like A Raine and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 18'' dish setup here that I slapped a LNB onto and torture myself with once in a while, so far I've been able to lock transponders but never have gotten a watchable picture. It may be destined to become a birdbath.
    Radio Shack 9' BUD/C1WPLL, ASC1, MicroHD, Winegard DS2076 w/Avenger PLL322S-2 and Moteck SG-2100, 76cm fixed dish, HD8200U OTA ant., Antennacraft rotor, CM-3418 8-port distribution amp, AP-8275 preamp.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! FaT Air did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, FaT Air did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, FaT Air did! Be COOL like FaT Air and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree on both points. Skew needs to be the opposite direction. And it, dish size, may be a bit small. 22 inch is only ~56cm

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprin...axy-19-Ku.html

looks to be in the 44dbw area where they are recommending a 95 to 120cm dish.
    Satbeams says a 90Cm for 44dbw area.

Give it another try with the dish rotated the other direction of shown in pic 3 tho. (I would)
    maybe try these transponders: 97.0 W (Galaxy 19) 11929 V 22000 (V) or 11967 H 22000 (V)
    (FROM
    Satellites, Positions & Strong Transponders )

One night I walked home very late and fell asleep in somebody's satellite dish.My dreams were showing up on TV's all over the world. -- Steven Wright
    Openbox S9, Pansat 3500SD, 139w to 55.5W +30W
    10Ft USS Steel BUD and an assortment of ChannelMaster dishes, (1)84e, (2).7m, (2)1.2m,(1)1.0M, (1)2.4m[8ft] offset in storage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I tried adjusting the skew in the other direction, but still nothing. I am wondering if the problem is because it is an offset dish. I know that it is small..yes.. but I do get signal strength of 53%, but the quality is 0%. I am just wondering if maybe, I tried putting the lnb arm at the mid-point and then try rigging the lnb a different way so that it is held on by the head and then try rotating that. Any suggestions???? Do you think that will work??

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Titanium did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Titanium did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Titanium did! Be COOL like Titanium and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I think the dish is too small and only the strongest transponders will come in and they will be extremely difficult to lock. Try finding a 90cm dish that is used for SKY or other service. If you have mounted the LNBF in the same position and angle as the original LNBF, then yo are in the ballpark. Moving the LNBF position without first getting a satellite signal will only further complicate!

Is the mounting post plumb and level? Are you making slow sweeping movements left and right then increasing/decreasing the dish elevation 1 degree then slow sweeping left and right then increase/decrease the dish elevation 1 degree then slow sweeping left and right... repeating until signal quality reading apears then optimized? The elevation marks may not be exact or the post not PERFECTLY plumb. Your searching motions will be like slowly painting the sky in the direction of the satellite position.
    Titanium Satellite
    Brian Gohl
    www.TitaniumSatellite.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, yes I did all of that, so I guess then that it is the dish size. So I will try to see if I can get a bigger one. Thanks guys for all the help. I really appreciate it.

"Nuff" respect to you all.... from Jamaica

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567