Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini SAT 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Polgyver: Yes it is good for using outside with a little TV. I have a 7 inch tv just for that. But, it would get no signal on 125W Public Television because it is all DVB-S2. Mine is working good. I did a blind scan on 97W and got all the channels. I didn't leave it on very long. The case warmed up just a little. I got mine for $15.oo. Thanks again

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mini speaker just built in

Small speaker from cordless phone fits nicely inside this mini receiver. A small sponge disc with double-sided glue surface, included in the package for fastening photocell, came handy for attaching the speaker. After some consideration, I abandoned the idea of glueing the mini speaker to the top of the overheating IC. Instead, I fastened it to the opposite side of PCB. This set can work similarly to satellite finder, using 12 V battery, without any additional small TV. For the pictures taken, I used home-made "illuminator" utilizing LED strap tie-wrapped to plastic basin Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0262.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	88994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0264.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	88995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0267.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	88996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0268.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	88997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0271.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	88998

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Polgyver,

I too bought two of these receivers on ebay. I am a total newbie at all this satellite talk. I just want to pick up galaxy 19. I am trying to use a 22" dish to pick it up. I live in Jamaica and I have tried attaching it to the house, and set it to the directions given by dishpointer and satfinder but all I am getting is "bad signal" when I turn it on. I am using a digital signal finder and even when I hear it buzzing it says bad signal. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! FaT Air did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, FaT Air did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, FaT Air did! Be COOL like FaT Air and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    22 inch dish is a bit small. I only got the strongest with an 18 inch dish. I get them all with a 30 inch but will loose some with heavy overcast/rain/fog. (Bigger IS better)
    What model LNBF do you have? Specifications? (best to list ALL equipment when a problem)

to Satelliteguys

EDIT: just looked at satbeams. they are recommending a 80cm / 31.5in
    Last edited by FaT Air; 04-10-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    One night I walked home very late and fell asleep in somebody's satellite dish.My dreams were showing up on TV's all over the world. -- Steven Wright
    Openbox S9, Pansat 3500SD, 139w to 55.5W +30W
    10Ft USS Steel BUD and an assortment of ChannelMaster dishes, (1)84e, (2).7m, (2)1.2m,(1)1.0M, (1)2.4m[8ft] offset in storage.

ke4est is online now Long Live FTA
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site!

Yes like FaT Air said try a bigger dish. Also make sure the TP list in the receiver is accurate.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Slogie,
    Welcome to this forum!
    I was in such comfortable situation, that my dish, 39" high, was already precisely pointed to the 97 W sat.
    This small receiver satellite list did not have in its menu 97 W, if my memory serves...
    This rec is made for Europe and Asia.
    But you can program "New Satellite" and add all needed data, like LNB - normal (standard), 10.750 L.O.
    Indeed, the dish seems too small.
    Would be easier if you can find someone (a neighbour, or friend) with working bigger Ku dish, and try programming there.
    Cheers, polgyver

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast