Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canīt Catch MeTV in SES1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys.
    This morning I dedicated almos 3 hours trying to find MeTV in SES1. I used my MicroHD with the channel already scanned (As I told before, I was watching these channels some 2 months ago) to try to find the signal, and nothing happened. Then I used my old Pansat 2700A. This receiver has a very good and fast response for showing changes in the signal bar indicator when you catch a Transponder beam (much better than MicroHD for this issue). Nevertheless, happened the same: No signal found. Tired and frustrated, finally aimed the dish again to Galaxy 16.
    My conclusion here is that in my lattitud (29N, 106W), I will need a bigger dish (3m) to catch this signals whithout problem. I just tried and tried because I was watching those channels before. Same thing happened with the channel "eScapes" in G16. 2 Months ago I was able to catch it, and now it is rare when the MicroHD can lock it. Maybe the strong winds of February affected the parabolic shape in some way.
    Greetings...

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! FaT Air did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, FaT Air did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, FaT Air did! Be COOL like FaT Air and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 1.8m won't be as reliable as a larger dish and may have periods where it 'works' and other times where it won't. More susceptible to adjacent interference. And getting everything 'just right' requires a lot of patience.
    Feed centered and square to the dish. Focal distance optimized, etc.
    Maybe spend some time on 99 getting the Q absolutely maximized. Then, if there's improvement, try 101 again(?)

You can check if the winds have warped the dish with a couple of strings. One across the face vertical, and another at 90° to it. The strings should just touch where they cross. Then place the vertical string at a 45 across the face, and another 90 to it. Again, strings should just touch where they cross.
    For a larger dish, Keep an eye on the thread more Craigslist dishes for your perusal One may be within reach.
    Good luck and happy hunting.
    One night I walked home very late and fell asleep in somebody's satellite dish.My dreams were showing up on TV's all over the world. -- Steven Wright
    Openbox S9, Pansat 3500SD, 139w to 55.5W +30W
    10Ft USS Steel BUD and an assortment of ChannelMaster dishes, (1)84e, (2).7m, (2)1.2m,(1)1.0M, (1)2.4m[8ft] offset in storage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well with my 5-8" dish in Puerto Rico I am watching it

Go Fighting Phillies!
    Go Flyers!
    Go Eagles!
    Go Kyle Busch 18 , Denny Hamlin 11 and Mat Kenseth 20 JGRacing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12