Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
new Install Questions Mini Genie in camper
I am coming from Dish Network. I called to request service for 4 TVs. I wanted a Genie, 2 Mini Genies, and a HD Receiver. The HD receiver would be used in our camper during the summer when we go up-north. The customer service rep insisted that Mini receiver is the same as a standard HD receiver and we should have no issues using it without the Genie.
I have a few questions.
1. Is what the customer service rep saying is true? We will not be able to try it in the camper until Memorial Day weekend?
2. What kind of dish is needed? I was assured that any dish would work. I know the dish up north has 4 lines that come off it. Two go to my in laws cabin, one to my sil Camper and one to our camper.
3. Do you need Internet service for the Mini Genie to work? We will not have that up north.
I had done my research and thought a regular HD receiver would make the most sense and be the easiest set-up. Directv is insisting on a Genie and 3 Mini clients. I am fine paying just need to make sure the set-up will work.
03-25-2013 09:30 PM