Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ooma/directv caller id

Post Thanks / Like
    The Linx may be the way you have to go.....not certain, but I believe cable company IP phone system is a bit different than Ooma setup. Somehow, you'll need a direct connection between the Ooma device and the HR34. I believe the Linx is the best way to do that since it sounds like you've got the newer Ooma Telo system (I've got the older hub).

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my Ooma plugged directly into one of the phone jacks in the house and it powers all the outlets/jacks in the house.

You have to unplug the line from the main box connecting you to the line from the street.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! andrewj0781 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, andrewj0781 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, andrewj0781 did! Be COOL like andrewj0781 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: andrewj0781
    A little off topic but is Ooma worth it? I'm looking to reduce the cost of my home phone. I need one since my Wife's aunt lives with us and needs it to make a few calls a day. Is the service work good enough to fully replace home phone?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!
    Directv Customer 2011 - Present:
    • PREMIER
    • HD
    • HD Extra Pack
    • Whole Home DVR
    • Fox Soccer Plus, NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass
    • Protection Plan Premier with ADH

(1- HR34/700, 1 - HR24/100, 1 - H24/700, 1 - H24/200, & 1 - H24/100)

SiriusXM Customer 2006 - Present
    :

• XM Select

(XM XpressRCi)

If you make this your home for Satellite news and more become a Pub Member to keep this place running. Go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php and Sign Up Now!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Ooma and the DTV CallerID works fine. I have severed my house wiring from AT&T and connected Ooma to it instead. Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY! I have Premier. $120/year. Best features are its voicemail, call blocking and forwarding. And yes, it will fax. Voicemails can be received from a handset, the web, via email and a phone app. I'm Android and use Ooma Voicemail Checker. NO more telemarketers!. Ooma has their own blacklist and you can create your own personal blacklist. Call forwarding. Usual uses but you can also forward it to your cell. Call can be answered from handset OR cell if away. I also have the bluetooth dongle that makes my cell a connected handset if in range. It is so integrated I no longer really know where a call was destined. I just answer it. You can tell by CallerID. If home it was forwarded and if the caller it was dongled. Call log just like your cell phone. Last I saw, Costo was selling them for $160. No brainer to me. CAUTION! They have an official Android mobile app that I have read is absolute CRAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiKing View Post
    I have my Ooma plugged directly into one of the phone jacks in the house and it powers all the outlets/jacks in the house.

You have to unplug the line from the main box connecting you to the line from the street.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys
    That's my setup as well......I just didn't think the new Telo units had a wall jack but I may be confusing the functionality of the Scout device that I have with that of a telephone. What you state makes sense if you don't have the old Hub and Scout setup. I use it so I have a separate voicemail box downstairs. My phone system is plugged directly into the hub while I use the 'wall' jack to power the Scout device. In my case, you can't plug a standard phone into the wall and have it work. It would need to be plugged into the Scout device which is another discussion

I have a 6 phone system that operates from 1 base that is plugged directly into the Ooma hub so my situation doesn't dictate the need to power all my house jacks for phone connections. However, I can see how you could make this work with either device...just didn't think long enough on the subject

At any rate, FWIW, I've had Ooma since Sept 2010 and do like it for the dirt cheap cost. It's better than cell but not as good as POTS with regard to voice quality and 911 but their features are what sold me (schneid went into some of that in detail). I'm grandfathered under the old 'no taxes' plan for now so I only pay the $120/year for premium until I decide to upgrade to their newer Telo device. Once that happens, I have to start paying taxes like everyone else.....comes to like maybe $3-$4 monthly. Still holding out and maybe will just wait until my current device dies before worrying about it Their 'free' plan only costs you the taxes and fees along with the initial device purchase....still get free LD and some other basic features I can't recall at the moment. Good for cell backup or primary and I think you still get a year or something free of Premium features if you port your number for like $99 or so...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12