Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 37" Olevia LCD tv HDMI port fried last night

Post Thanks / Like

37" Olevia LCD tv HDMI port fried last night

My 2006 Olevia 37" tv's HDMI port appears to have fried last night in the lightning storm we are still having. This one only has the single HDMI port, but has lots of other ports. At present I have my Dish dvr running on a component input, and my MicroHD fta receiver running on a composite input. I'm s.o.l. on everything else, as they are all HDMI outputs only.

Anybody got any feedback on a good 37" replacement tv? I can't go larger due to the cabinet that it sits in that my wife refuses to allow to be replaced.

Thanks.

Or, perhaps somebody knows of a good converter that can take HDMI input, and OUTPUT to Component? Most are the other way around. Yes, I know HDMI is digital, and Component is analog, that's why I said converter.
    Last edited by primestar31; 04-18-2013 at 10:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gadgtfreek did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gadgtfreek did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gadgtfreek did! Be COOL like gadgtfreek and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    LG and Dynex have a 37" I know of. Id probably go with an LG in that price range. I like Insignia's (dad has 2 and they are actually OK sets), but I did not see a 37" Inisgnia.

Not a bad price:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-37CS560-37-...ords=37%22+LCD

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
    X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
    Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
    Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it looks like I may have to find a way to modify my tv cabinet a little. After spending the day researching some tv's, I really like the LG 42LA6200. This is a 42" passive 3D set: Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Four Pairs of 3D Glasses.
    http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics...dp_ob_title_ce

It's so new though, there aren't any real reviews on the actual 42" model. Most places tend to consolidate their feedback with other size models, which makes for some frustration. Oh well, I'm not in such a hurry I have to decide immediately.

If anybody has any feedback on this model, please let me know! Thanks.

Last edited by primestar31; 04-18-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gadgtfreek did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gadgtfreek did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gadgtfreek did! Be COOL like gadgtfreek and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That should be a nice set. If you are looking into 3D, its really a good deal IMO.
    65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
    X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
    Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
    Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by primestar31 View Post
    Or, perhaps somebody knows of a good converter that can take HDMI input, and OUTPUT to Component? Most are the other way around. Yes, I know HDMI is digital, and Component is analog, that's why I said converter.
    Here's a unit that I purchased to convert the MicroHD's HDMI to component. There is also a version that will output SPDIF. This looks like the units that Monoprice used to sell.

Analog 2.0

http://www.amazon.com/CNE62300-Compo.../dp/B00APEG9N8

Digital

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Comp.../dp/B0034HWQ4Y

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dont24 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dont24 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dont24 did! Be COOL like dont24 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by primestar31 View Post
    Anybody got any feedback on a good 37" replacement tv? I can't go larger due to the cabinet that it sits in that my wife refuses to allow to be replaced.
    You may want to check the size specs on say a 39" or 40" TV. On some new sets, the bezel is thinner than sets in 2006. You may be able fit a larger screen in the same space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast