Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Searching for 30W Hispast 1C, 1D, 1D

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that info, Conky. Now I'll be able to see exactly where Hispasat is (provided there are no clouds that day). I'll take a picture. You should too, Avenger...
    Current systems: 3X GEOSATpro microHD PVRs; Digitrans DTE-7150 DVB/Digicipher II; SiliconDust HDHomeRun ATSC/QAM networked tuners; fixed 1 meter Channel Master dish with Eagle Aspen P870 FSS stacked Ku LNB; 2X 3ABN 36" dishes with Sadoun KBSL1 stacked Ku LNBFs on Powermax SG-9120B H-H motors; fixed Sadoun SD180G 1.8 meter dish with Eagle Aspen B1SAT stacked C LNBF; Winegard Square Shooter OTA DTV antenna

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00255.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	351.6 KB 
ID:	87407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00254.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	87408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00253.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	347.6 KB 
ID:	87409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00252.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	87410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00251.JPG 
Size:	345.8 KB 
ID:	87411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00250.JPG 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	87412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00249.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	342.4 KB 
ID:	87413

Even with the leaves coming on the trees, I gave it a try. I tried an old Primestar dish that I've used in the past at my test location for 30W and got the signal in about 30 seconds. Then once I knew it was possible I cycled through the ridiculously undersized dishes to see what was possible to rig up. Even a frankendish500 gave a watchable picture with fluctuating 30ish quality. The Primestar was around 80Q.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! SatelliteAV did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, SatelliteAV did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, SatelliteAV did! Be COOL like SatelliteAV and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good catch!

I remember when VW Beetles were shipped with those suction cup solar panels. Picked up several hundred for free from the local dealer who didn't know what to do with them after the prep team removed.

I use mine for charging a motorcycle battery in the storage shed "off grid" light system.

How many of the panels did you score?

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone wants to use a freeware program to see where the arc is in comparison to the sun/moon/planets/stars for your location I wrote a tutorial here
    It's a year old but the instructions should still work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteAV View Post
    Good catch!

I remember when VW Beetles were shipped with those suction cup solar panels. Picked up several hundred for free from the local dealer who didn't know what to do with them after the prep team removed.

I use mine for charging a motorcycle battery in the storage shed "off grid" light system.

How many of the panels did you score?
    I have a few of those VW solar panels. My 03 GTI, 03 Jetta and 05 GTI came with them. Starting in 06 most of the cars didn't come with them anymore. I use them to maintain the tractor batteries and the shed has an inverter and car battery setup for a sound system when working on projects and a some lighting.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213