Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About the new satMex8:

Post Thanks / Like
    I re-scanned it the last night, total count is about 40 (Fortec prime 6'), a lot of them on the same transponder (16). Few nice channels; english movies and shows with spanish subtitles.
    I will try to re-align my LNB this evening, maybe a fine-tunning will make the difference. Many channels still show some low signal there, I have a new satfinder that is working really good.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jim S. did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jim S. did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jim S. did! Be COOL like Jim S. and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skysurfer View Post
    satmex8 is disappointing signal-level wise - about the same as satmex5 Ku-band for me. 6 transponders are now void of data traffic and my best guess is that they changed to South American beams since those transponder frequencies can be north american beamed or south american beamed transponders.
    That matches my observation in central Pennsylvania, with the caveat that I haven't had the chance to scan it on a clear dry day yet.

Looking at the latest keps, satmex5 has already drifted to its new slot so I hope to see some stuff lit up on that soon unless satmex is just going to incline orbit it and not used it much (a-la the flying trashcan SD2).
    What slot would that be?
    Dish 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish, Hopper With Sling, Onkyo 606 receiver, Samsung 46" LCD
    GeoSatPro 90cm dish, Sadoun PowerTech DG-280 motor, DMS Avenger PLL321S-2 LNBF, Amiko Alien 2 receiver

Post Thanks / Like
    N2YO says Satmex 5 is at 114.8 right now

http://www.n2yo.com/?s=25558

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! pro96 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, pro96 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, pro96 did! Be COOL like pro96 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wont scan till its officially done moving and parked at 116w.

I mean is not like I have a mototized CBAND setup :

My dish is floor Ground mounted compliments of Fortec Star

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! pro96 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, pro96 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, pro96 did! Be COOL like pro96 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    lyngsat has it listed already... No new channels that I can see at all from Satmex 5

http://www.lyngsat.com/SatMex-8.html

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a new Spain 24hrs spanish movies @3867V6899, some others were re-located or move to a new freq
    Proud to be a subscription-free household - FTA & OTA only
    Gal 16 @ 99W, AMC 1 @ 103W, Gal 3C @95W, Gal 23 @121W,
    Satmex 8 116.8W, Hispasat 1C/D 30.0W, AMC 21 @125W
    (2) X2 Premium HD, (2) Openbox S10, (1) Linkbox 8000HD Local

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast