Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Program Guide Won't Update

Post Thanks / Like

Program Guide Won't Update

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Looks good! Perhaps someone here can help me.

I have the Super Dish through Dish Network.

My on-screen program guide refuses to update on its own. It started this about a month ago. I either have to click that I want to update my guide information, or I have to reset the box manually.

I checked my settings and it is set to update every night at 3 a.m.

And I turn my box off after every use.

I called tech support and they walked me through changing transponder settings, but that didn't help.

I have checked all my connections and they are all tight.

I don't know what else to try. It's not an urgent thing, but it is annoying.

Any help appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    What sort of signal do you have on 110 transponder 19? I think that's where the EPG info comes in. If you're under 80 you should probably repeak your dish.

Also, you don't mention what receiver model it is. Some boxes are prone to guide problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I believe the extended guide information is satellite 110 transponder 29. Also, if you keep having to reset it and its set to update on its own, it may be whats called non-volatile memory failure, where the guide info is mistakenly stored on flash memory and the guide dumps it doesn't update again unless you reset it or force it. If that's the case, I think you tell on the system information screen, the software version should have a -f or -n, if its -f it means memory failure. On the new sysm info 1,2,3 screens, i think thats located on the 3rd screen where hardware id is, may want to check that, i've heard it could be the cause.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! chaddux did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, chaddux did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, chaddux did! Be COOL like chaddux and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mudder1310
    What sort of signal do you have on 110 transponder 19? I think that's where the EPG info comes in.
    This information is irrelevant if you don't have a DVR. Only the EEPG comes from there. The EPG is available from 61.5, 105, 110, 119, 121, 129, and 148.
    Dish Network Customer August 24, 2004 - February 18, 2013
    DirecTV Customer Since February 16, 2013

DirecTV Slimline SWM 5 LNB with HR34 "Genie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaschier
    Actually I believe the extended guide information is satellite 110 transponder 29. Also, if you keep having to reset it and its set to update on its own, it may be whats called non-volatile memory failure, where the guide info is mistakenly stored on flash memory and the guide dumps it doesn't update again unless you reset it or force it. If that's the case, I think you tell on the system information screen, the software version should have a -f or -n, if its -f it means memory failure. On the new sysm info 1,2,3 screens, i think thats located on the 3rd screen where hardware id is, may want to check that, i've heard it could be the cause.
    Thanks, I appreciate the info. I'll check that, but I'm not sure I understand how to correct it based on what you are saying. Could you give me some more details as to what exactly I should be looking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    i'd go ahead and call dish. from either the sytem information screen it should say software version with numbers then letters, and if it has something like "L234gald-f" it means the receiver is bad. or if its a receiver with 3 system info screens, that set of numbers will be next to where it says hardware id. i'd say call them get it replaced even if doesn't have the 'dash f', its still not updating the guide like its supposed to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast