Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using a D* MSPLIT8r1 -02 with Dish

Post Thanks / Like
    If it doesn't work I might cut it open to see what is in it. Could be fun

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    No worries about warranty, all owned equipment.
    Now there is some discussion about the actual splitter, I may have to try it, just the splitter.
    Back I. The day there were stories of a DPP-44 passing OTA crews to the sat 1 feed so one didn't 2-4 extra diplexors in the area of the switch.
    I've always believed there are the specs for something, then there are the 'how it actually performs'.
    I might have to break out my o-scope to see what I see, at least what the scope sees in auto mode!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
    Dish Home Protection covers all owned equipment as well, and it stays OWNED. I've had to replace over $1,600 in OWNED DVR's alone, and when I upgraded to the Hopper, I still have my owned ViP's that Dish replaced more than once for me. I shall be selling those soon. So, a big savings on $$$. Remember, you don't have to add HPP until you need it, and then keep it long enough to avoid the $25 early cancellation, or even just pay the $25 cancellation as it sure is cheaper than replacing an expensive STB like the HWS on your own dime. HPP also covers all labor. I know some people here think DHPP is a rip, but for me, all my hardware and labor costs saved far outweigh DHPP's cost. I have come out way ahead, but perhaps others don't have failures, and I can understand that.
    Last edited by DishSubLA; 06-01-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DishSubLA View Post
    Dish Home Protection covers all owned equipment as well, and it stays OWNED. I've had to replace over $1,600 in OWNED DVR's alone, and when I upgraded to the Hopper, I still have my owned ViP's that Dish replaced more than once for me. I shall be selling those soon. So, a big savings on $$$. Remember, you don't have to add HPP until you need it, and then keep it long enough to avoid the $25 early cancellation, or even just pay the $25 cancellation as it sure is cheaper than replacing an expensive STB like the HWS on your own dime. HPP also covers all labor. I know some people here think DHPP is a rip, but for me, all my hardware and labor costs saved far outweigh DHPP's cost. I have come out way ahead, but perhaps others don't have failures, and I can understand that.
    Good thought to keep in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a PDI 1 x 8 5-1000 MHz cable TV splitter. It is the same footprint as the D* one, but isn't as tall, measuring about 2-3 mm shorter.

I wish I was back in WA state where one of my lab friends had access to a real time X-ray video system.

Miner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123