Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's New with Shaw Direct

Post Thanks / Like

What's New with Shaw Direct

What's New with Shaw Direct C & P

(The CSR's are also now telling people that F1 & F2 will no longer work in the US or Mexico as of the end of June. Hope this is not true!)

2nd Home Program:

2nd Home is a new program we have created for customers looking to stay connected with Shaw Direct all year round. The purpose of the program is to allow a 2nd dish to be installed at a 2nd Home location, so that customers can continue to enjoy Shaw Direct programming while at their vacation property. If the customer is in a self install area, we will ship them a dish. This program is replacing our current Home Away From Home program.

Over time, we will be contacting HAFH customers to see if they wish to move to Shaw Direct’s 2nd Home program. With 2nd Home, existing HAFH customers can have a 2nd account with identical programming to their primary residence, at 50% of the cost of that package.
    Customers adding a 2nd Home, who were not previously HAFH customers, can have a 2nd account with identical programming to their primary residence, at 75% of the cost of that package – so a 25% discount.

Shaw Direct is the only Canadian provider to offer customers a discounted price for their programming at a second residence. Under Shaw Direct 2nd Home, a customer can have programming on at both addresses at the same time! This can be very helpful for those customers with family or friends in both locations at the same time.

Please note, as of May 30, 2013, the existing Home Away From Home (HAFH) program will be terminated for new accounts, and we will proceed instead with the 2nd Home program.

Shaw Direct e-Care Chat:

Shaw Direct e-Care Chat is coming soon. This offer customers an exciting new way to contact Shaw Direct; e-Care Chat! The Chat icon will appear on various
    www.shawdirect.ca

pages, allowing customers to send a direct message to a trained agent.

Shaw Direct is now the leading HD content provider in Canada and we want to ensure our customer contact options are offering an exceptional customer experience as well. By adding the chat option, customers no longer need to call into one of the call centers directly to receive real time customer service.

As well, the addition of this option will lower the calls coming into our call centers.

Shaw Direct Video on Demand Search App:

We are very excited to make the Shaw Video On Demand Search app available to Shaw Direct customers on May 29, 2013!

With the Shaw On Demand Search App customers can browse and order Shaw Direct On Demand titles directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. This application is for ordering titles only and cannot be used for playing back the titles you have ordered through your mobile device. Titles ordered via this application are viewable on your 6XX series receiver, and whenever available, via online streaming at
    http://vod.shawdirect.ca/

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    F1 & F2 I do believe i will still be available through out the US as it also contains tracking system For trucking firms. Its G sat that won't be available though out the US or Mexico it'll have a more northern mapping. Some of it will still reach into the US as how far I'm not exactly sure. There's another thread that gives an approx mapping?

As for the most HD in Canada thats debatable?

It depends on how you look at it?
    Do you count endless locals & PPV as more HD?
    Or Specialties?

Shaw may possibly have the largest HD count, but they certainly don't have the most HD Specialty Channel lineup as does Bell TV/Fibe,Rogers or East Link Cable they beat Shaw Direct in this area.
    ​Join My Bell Yahoo Group At:
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/bellfibetvcanadasbestiptvservice/?yguid=20080645

Post Thanks / Like
    who is the csrs and how do they know that shaw will turn for us in the usa like bell did?

Post Thanks / Like
    CSR = customer service reps and they get lots of memos. Story goes that DTV threatened legal action if Shaw didn't pull out of the us. Here is a memo to an in staller questioning why.

We simply are not licensed to provide service in the US and customer's are not allowed to use our service south of the border. This is the only thing that needs to be communicated when speaking with customers about service in the US/Mexico. As for Canadian addresses, they have to open up a second home account in order to receive our services at a second location. I do understand that it is difficult to have these conversations with customers as you always want to help them to the best of your ability but in my opinion I believe the two policies I stated above are very clear and leave little room for interpretation. Thanks Txxxx.

Quote Originally Posted by modefan63 View Post
    who is the csrs and how do they know that shaw will turn for us in the usa like bell did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Shaw expects to have all channels HD in the next three yrs. They have lots of room to add more right now so you will see more specialty channels coming online in the near future. If they have to replace F1 & F2 satellites I could see them being the same footprint as G1. I would be looking into the VOD and see if it would work thru a VPN provider?? Then you would not have to worry about using a dish.

Quote Originally Posted by MCIBUS View Post
    F1 & F2 I do believe i will still be available through out the US as it also contains tracking system For trucking firms. Its G sat that won't be available though out the US or Mexico it'll have a more northern mapping. Some of it will still reach into the US as how far I'm not exactly sure. There's another thread that gives an approx mapping?

As for the most HD in Canada thats debatable?

It depends on how you look at it?
    Do you count endless locals & PPV as more HD?
    Or Specialties?

Shaw may possibly have the largest HD count, but they certainly don't have the most HD Specialty Channel lineup as does Bell TV/Fibe,Rogers or East Link Cable they beat Shaw Direct in this area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Showtime where did you read that DTV made a threat to Shaw? Was it in a real newspaper or some body in a forum? That sounds silly to me how many snowbirds can there be in the US. I think some body made that up when really its just Shaw trying not to waste time with people in the US who are confuse about the new sat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast