Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to subscribe to dishnetwork or direct tv in Canada

Post Thanks / Like

How to subscribe to dishnetwork or direct tv in Canada

Hello i have just joined this site yesterday and i was wanting to know how to get dishnetwork or direct tv in Ontario Canada.I have read some posts already but they seem a few years old.I am willing to pay for a subscription, i need to know how to do it or have contact person.Any help from my fellow brothers would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

jcrandall is online now Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd recommend just searching for "Canada" in the respective Dish or Directv forums. There aren't a ton of posts as the topic only comes up from time to time, but the info on a post a year or two old is likely still accurate as it doesn't change much.

I subscribed to Canadian satellite when DirecTV dropped Versus for hockey coverage a few years ago, it was fun - but I definitely agree the US selection is bigger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful, it is ILLEGAL by Canadian law for you to subscribe to American tv services if you are a Canadian citizen living in Canada... Yes there are gray market ways to do it, but try to read as much as you can to figure it out instead of posting it on the web where your post lives forever.

It's not illegal for an American to subscribe to Canadian tv, so it seems kind of unfair, but that's your government for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply.I will tell you how bad it is in Canada.Bell Canada and Rogers and star choice are the providers of tv.If you want tv you have to go to them period.Bell has blocked a lot of phone numbers relating to dishnetwork and direct tv so you can never call them from canada,the call will not go through.If you click on a internet site that offers us satellites bell has blocked those sites so we cannot see them from canada.If these sites do open it is automatically redirected to Bell Canada tv suppliers.$120 per month for one quarter of us satellite programs ,and alot of the channels are repeated. Welcome to Canada the land of the free. 50% income tax and 13% tax on all goods purchased.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yet there are plenty of folks in the US who have Shaw or Bell due to the hockey and other programing
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

raoul5788 is online now Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    to Satelliteguys Jim!
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast