Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: ota tuner question

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! miguelaqui did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, miguelaqui did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, miguelaqui did! Be COOL like miguelaqui and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

ota tuner question

So I just switched my 722k and 722 out for the Hopper. The CSR told me that the ota tuner would be at least a dual tuner...not true. So, is it possible to install more than one ota tuner?

By the way..the Hopper is giving me a much better picture than the 722 or the 722k did. The locals still look bad coming from, the sat...that's why I liked to record from the ota tuner.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can only add one OTA module to one Hopper.. If you have two Hoppers, you can add 2 OTA tuners....
    Bobby

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Dudleydog73 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Dudleydog73 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Dudleydog73 did! Be COOL like Dudleydog73 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelaqui View Post
    The CSR told me that the ota tuner would be at least a dual tuner...not true.
    Lesson being here is to work with DIRT as much as possible and avoid the standard CSRs if possible. Bobby is 100% correct here.
    1 Hopper 2K / 1 Super Joey / 1 Joey 1.0

Post Thanks / Like
    OP: I feel your pain. I really would have preferred two OTA tuners like the 722/K's/922. There are quite a few good shows on the OTA's now such as those on MeTV, This, Antenna, Megahertz World just to name a few.