Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In pursuit of COZI TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Highskies,
    Apparently the LNBF skew is critical. -20 is recomended. My skew here in the province of Ontario is approximately -10. I guess I must be lucky because it all came together rather easily. Again I must stress PATIENCE is a must. Also the bigger the dish the more critical is the alignment because the beam width becomes more narrow as the dish size increases.
    Good luck.....

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgek View Post
    Highskies,
    Apparently the LNBF skew is critical. -20 is recomended. My skew here in the province of Ontario is approximately -10. I guess I must be lucky because it all came together rather easily. Again I must stress PATIENCE is a must. Also the bigger the dish the more critical is the alignment because the beam width becomes more narrow as the dish size increases.
    Good luck.....
    Jorgek, I just got done trying this again after changing the skew a hair more, this time I got a lock on a signal at 11840 H 3000, and it scanned in a ch called ch 7 on the S9, so I'm assuming that must be COZI then. So I guess it means I have some physical dish tweaking to do, so that I can increase the signal level to where this will be a watchable pic. Right now the Q is jumping from 38 to about 55, then back down to 38, then back to 55, in a rapid loop. It's too hot outside to do that now, so will probably wait until later this evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that the Q is jumping means more very lite touch tweaking required. Also make sure you have clear line of sight to the sat. With the S9 here, it would not lock on an S2 TP with a Q less than 50. Look at my first post, I have a pic of what my S9 scanned in. Also you may get different channels on different days depending on the feed that day.

I always do my tweaking on a DVB-S transponder until I'm sure that the Q is at max. Then I will manually do a scan on all the DVB-S2 TPs. It is much easier this way.
    Last edited by jorgek; 06-27-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: More ifo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgek View Post
    The fact that the Q is jumping means more very lite touch tweaking required. Also make sure you have clear line of sight to the sat. With the S9 here, it would not lock on an S2 TP with a Q less than 50. Look at my first post, I have a pic of what my S9 scanned in. Also you may get different channels on different days depending on the feed that day.

I always do my tweaking on a DVB-S transponder until I'm sure that the Q is at max. Then I will manually do a scan on all the DVB-S2 TPs. It is much easier this way.

You were right, it only took a very light touch to tweak this. Now I'm getting a steady 75 or so for the Quality. Checked other sats, didn't seem to affect any signals on any of them, the channels already scanned in still play just like before. Even the Florida Ch @ 87w is still popping on in, not that I watch that ch, but that it's always been a problematic ch on my 31" dish until I upgraded to one of these cheap pll lnbfs which I got for about 10 bucks shipped.
    The best 10 bucks I spent in a long time IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123