Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satellite pole sight for KU?

Post Thanks / Like
    Muffler clamp wouldn't crush the bottom of the pipe unless you tighten it too much, probably a good idea to keep the pole from possibly twisting in the wind. I hardly ever do it here because the wind hardly blows enough to tip over a empty dixie cup. Well, except when we get tornados, in which case the dish will be the last thing I worry about!
    *If you find you can't get 125 after you install, then maybe be watching for a 2nd dish to aim at it, if its a must-have for you. There's other places to see pbs, like 87w, or 103-Cband.
    X2 Premium HD, 1m primestar DG380 motor.10'Sami+GI650 for c-band.
    Backup ku system currently being updated.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like

Holding dish up

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    Muffler clamp wouldn't crush the bottom of the pipe unless you tighten it too much, probably a good idea to keep the pole from possibly twisting in the wind. I hardly ever do it here because the wind hardly blows enough to tip over a empty dixie cup. Well, except when we get tornados, in which case the dish will be the last thing I worry about!
    *If you find you can't get 125 after you install, then maybe be watching for a 2nd dish to aim at it, if its a must-have for you. There's other places to see pbs, like 87w, or 103-Cband.
    How do people support their KU satellite on the pole, without motor, to be able to adjust the dish to different locations without having to constantly hold dish up in place?

Due to cloud cover this morning I only got a short view of the moon, but the height of moon was a surprise. So I may be in the clear for W125 in the several options of places available that I was considering.

In the last several years of watching TV generally PBS has been the station to watch consistently, because of poor OTA reception. So PBS with additional channels would be desirable, for news, and informational programs. I am just not familiar with the other stations yet, new journey.

Post Thanks / Like
    KU dishes typically have a bolt through the top of the sleeve that fits over the pole which prevents the dish from sliding down the pole. When you attach the dish to a motor then you do have the issue of the motor and dish assembly sliding down the pole. However all you have to do in this case is snug up the bolts to the pole that supports the assembly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgek View Post
    KU dishes typically have a bolt through the top of the sleeve that fits over the pole which prevents the dish from sliding down the pole. When you attach the dish to a motor then you do have the issue of the motor and dish assembly sliding down the pole. However all you have to do in this case is snug up the bolts to the pole that supports the assembly.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Microhd use with OTA hook up to TV?

Would like to know if I need to order anything special with microHD system to combine TV hookup with OTA system?

Have Zinwell Converter Model ZAT 970A (digital to Analog).
    RCA console type TV bought in 89 with RCA cable connections. RCA connection cables presently plugged into rarely used DVD player.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use a diplexer to combine OTA and FTA into one cable. I wouldn't recommend it though, since you need one to combine the signals and one to separate them. Each introduces significant loss.

Current systems: 3X GEOSATpro microHD PVRs; Digitrans DTE-7150 DVB/Digicipher II; SiliconDust HDHomeRun ATSC/QAM networked tuners; fixed 1 meter Channel Master dish with Eagle Aspen P870 FSS stacked Ku LNB; 2X 3ABN 36" dishes with Sadoun KBSL1 stacked Ku LNBFs on Powermax SG-9120B H-H motors; fixed Sadoun SD180G 1.8 meter dish with Eagle Aspen B1SAT stacked C LNBF; Winegard Square Shooter OTA DTV antenna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12