Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
Thanks everyone for your help.
I solved the missing transponders issue. Bad coax. I replaced all the coax in the system, except the 3ft piece going through the wall. That fixed it. I bought some better quality coax from Sayal. The system has now run without a hiccup. Although when it rains heavily, things can get a bit dicey.
So i've been mainly viewing the news channels such as AJ, JN1 and Rt. Unfortunately I hear now that AJ will be gone soon. Just my luck.
Some things I noticed with this receiver.
1) I can't seem to enable closed captions. Tried a bunch of buttons but it won't do it. I guess it's also possible that it doesn't support that.
2) On another thread someone said that they couldn't get audio on 97W for channel TFC-CA WEST with a cheap SD receiver. I tried it on mine and I also don't get sound. When I press the info button for that channel it shows a small green icon with what looks like Dolby printed in it. Not a big deal but a bit disappointing since you would think a DVB-S2 receiver should be hardware capable. I also did a recording of this channel and tried to play it on my LG BP620 Blueray and it wouldn't play it. A recording of AJ did play.
3) The hdmi audio doesn't work with my main lcd tv but does work with another smaller lcd tv.
I'll probably start checking out other sats soon. I got kind of lazy after I got it set up.
So once again thanks for all your help and sorry for this late update. Also I will try to keep you informed as I go along.
I just noticed your pm about rg6 tonight. I went to Sayal and checked out their stuff and the prices are not too much more than the dollar store stuff that I used to get and the quality is much better. Also noticed that Canada Computers sold out of most of their fta stuff recently. I was gonna get another LNBF as a spare. They had like 3 left at my location and they are all gone now. Thanks for all your help.
08-07-2013 04:30 AM