Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genie USB ports

Post Thanks / Like

Genie USB ports

My Genie (HR34) has a USB port on the front panel behind a little door. I thought this might be a good way to connect my Nexus tablet so I could watch or stream internet shows. The problem is I can't find anywhere in the software an option where I can switch over to this USB port. Is there a way to do this? I did connect my tablet, but it didn't do a thing. What else would this port be used for?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by preacherJohn View Post
    My Genie (HR34) has a USB port on the front panel behind a little door. I thought this might be a good way to connect my Nexus tablet so I could watch or stream internet shows. The problem is I can't find anywhere in the software an option where I can switch over to this USB port. Is there a way to do this? I did connect my tablet, but it didn't do a thing. What else would this port be used for?
    Unfortunately, USB ports on the D* recvrs have never been implemented to be working as far as I know.
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not even the USB port on the backside? I thought you could add an extra Hard drive.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard drive uses esata

the only thing a USB works with is the AM21 over the air tuner
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

raoul5788 is offline Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or power for a cell phone or cooling fan.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone verify that the USB port can safely be used for a cooling fan? And if so, will the fan go off when you power down the receiver?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast