Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raycom & Dish still quareling? -Dispute Settled. channels back 8/9

TNGTony is online now Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Raycom & Dish still quareling? -Dispute Settled. channels back 8/9

My local Fox station owned by Raycom just ran a scroll across the screen warning viewers that service will likely be interrupted on Dish Network if a retransmission dispute cannot be resolved in short order. I missed the scroll at the beginning so I am not sure what it said. But they were urging viewers to call Dish to pressure them to cave in.

So the question is, is this a Raycom-wide dispute? I know that Raycom has a sports channel they want to get out everywhere.

CLICK HERE to go to post #28 with channel removal info
    THERE= a place. not here - THEIR= belongs to them - THEY'RE = short for "They Are". THEN = a point in time; not now. - THAN = used to compare things.
    -If you tried 4 times to move forward, it was the FOURTH time you went FORTH! ---Something AFFECTS you. You have an EFFECT on something
    Some one can win a MEDAL made of a METAL like gold for showing his METTLE (courage)
    If something is LOOSE you might LOSE it. Your=belongs to "you" You're short for "you are"
    You file a suit in court. You wear a suit in court. You stay in a suite at the hotel. You sweat it out. Victory is sweet!
    If two sets of twin brothers have a gunfight, you have a Dual Duel
    MUTE=Silent, unable to talk. MOOT= No longer relevant or important. "A mute points out a moot point."

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! juan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, juan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, juan did! Be COOL like juan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahh the ACC network

Post Thanks / Like
    Jonesboro, Ar, and Memphis Raycom stations were running ads about Dish. Haven't seen one in a couple weeks.
    One of the ads said 'Call Dish tell them you pay full price you should get all the channels'.
    I wanted to call them and ask if they're going to give refunds to their advertisers, after all they're paying full price to run ads.

Post Thanks / Like
    WBTV, Charlotte CBS is raycom owned, the GM was on the air telling people to call Dish and ask for a "Credit or rebate" I'd rather lose the channel(s) for a week or two and get $5 or $10 off for a while.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Teehar did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Teehar did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Teehar did! Be COOL like Teehar and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another example of wanting their cake and eating it too.One good thing about WBTV it has great coverage ota.Comes in great here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Another example of wanting their cake and eating it too.One good thing about WBTV it has great coverage ota.Comes in great here.
    Yes... great coverage from WBTV here, plus I get clear QAM on cable, so not really an issue for me.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast