Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox Now - Now on Roku

Post Thanks / Like
    We've got dish welcome pack and it appears Fox Now works since we have at least the welcome pak. I installed the app so we'll see what's to watch.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski View Post
    If you missed a show then you can catch it again on demand.

Watched 3 episodes of Family Guy last night, and the PQ was excellent.
    I don't mean to sound flip, but isn't that what dvr's are for?

Sent via Tapatalk

LER is offline Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ss View Post
    I don't mean to sound flip, but isn't that what dvr's are for?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Yes, BUT if you didn't set the timer, or just discovered a show, or a myriad of other reasons, Roku/NetFlix/Amazon Prime/Smart TV are very good options to catch up.

I'm rediscovering how nice a Roku is with the re-arrangement of my life/new house.
    2xHopper w/Sling, 1xJoey/AT250-BB@Home-Locals/HD Locals
    (110,119,129)/1000.2 Dish/HIC
    Sirius Built in to 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with Sync and Nav (travel-link/Traffic)/Sirius built into 2014 Kia Sorento LX with UVO
    55" Samsung 1080P LED Smart TV (UN55F7100AF) / 42" Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD (LC-42D62U) / Samsung 32" 1080P LED Smart Tv (UN32F5500AF)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Sprint (+Airave)/Sprint Galaxy Tab3 (16G/White). Various streaming devices/apps/etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindowl1234 View Post
    I have to agree with Ross sort of...My point of having the Roku was to save a buck or two and not have to subscribe to a full set of channels from cable or dish. I can't think of very much I watch on Fox...now if it was Fox News I might be interested.
    That was my point. Cut the cord back in February. Just about everything we watch is currently available on Hulu or amazon prime so if an episode is missed (we have OTA) we can catch up. We also have a TiVo so we can record. It's not a perfect set up, but we will save close to $1000.00 a year, by not subscribing to pay TV.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LER View Post
    Yes, BUT if you didn't set the timer, or just discovered a show, or a myriad of other reasons, Roku/NetFlix/Amazon Prime/Smart TV are very good options to catch up.

I'm rediscovering how nice a Roku is with the re-arrangement of my life/new house.
    True, but in the case of Fox Now this is OTA programming, why does the network find it necessary to require a subscription to a pay service to stream? Streamed shows still have advertising etc.
    it makes me wonder if the pay TV services aren't behind this on some level or am I just being synical?

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! PopcornNMore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, PopcornNMore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, PopcornNMore did! Be COOL like PopcornNMore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly won't be adding FOX NOW. I can view FOX shows via OTA, FTA satellite, PLEX, XBMC, Veetle and elsewhere for free.

Thinking of FOX, I saw a channel yesterday called "FOX Classics" that was airing a "Bonanza" episode. I need to perform a Google to see if I can find a schedule.

Edit:
    Found a link:
    http://www.foxclassics.com.au/

FOX Classics has a good lineup including "The Golden Girls", "Benny Hill", "MASH", "Are You Being Served?", "Bonanza", "Murder She Wrote", "I Love Lucy", "Gunsmoke", etc.

The OLD FOX Classics was even better, too bad they changed their schedule:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Classics

Last edited by PopcornNMore; 07-31-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Dishes: 240cm (8') WS International Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Fortec Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Channel Master Dish, C-Band * 120cm (4') Channel Master Dish, SG2100 H-H, KU-Band * 36" X 26" Channel Master (StarBand) Dish, DBS * 18" Dish, DirecTV, DSS LNBF * Dish 1000+, Dish Network
    OTA Antennas: Terk TV-32 UHF Antenna, (Pittsburgh, PA locals) * Antennacraft MXU59 UHF Antenna, (Johnstown, PA locals)
    Receivers: VIP722 Dish Network * Coolsat 4000 Premium * Coolsat 6100 PVR * Openbox S9 HD PVR * Motorola DSR-410DS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast