Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Jazeera will be in Dish Channel 218 and Direct TV Channel 358 from August 20th

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jim S. did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jim S. did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jim S. did! Be COOL like Jim S. and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa8 View Post
    ? Not only is their international news already on DISH via LINK TV and FSTV, they have an app for it on tablets and smartphones to watch live, and available on Roku live. The exact opposite of hiding it. I think people are getting confused on their services. This one is new, just starting not the one they already have.
    You've not been following the story. The free broadcast of Al Jazeera English on 97W Ku-band is going to go away, and the web stream is going to be IP-blocked. I presume that this means the end of the Roku and mobile streams as well. I don't know what's going to happen with the rebroadcasts on other channels.

Dish 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish, Hopper With Sling, Onkyo 606 receiver, Samsung 46" LCD
    GeoSatPro 90cm dish, Sadoun PowerTech DG-280 motor, DMS Avenger PLL321S-2 LNBF, Amiko Alien 2 receiver

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    The news on CCTV-9 is always enjoyable. It is fun to get China's spin on things. Why not add Al Jazeera to the party?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tampa8 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tampa8 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tampa8 did! Be COOL like Tampa8 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
    You've not been following the story. The free broadcast of Al Jazeera English on 97W Ku-band is going to go away, and the web stream is going to be IP-blocked. I presume that this means the end of the Roku and mobile streams as well. I don't know what's going to happen with the rebroadcasts on other channels.
    I have but it was to be blocked starting in April. Then the report was they had decided not to block it or if they did only temporarily. And I thought the Apps on smartphones/Tablets would not be blocked. If that has changed I was not aware of that and that would be a shame.
    (There are fantastic VPN apps for Android, I routinely watch BBC programs.)
    Gordon Shumway works at Vandelay Industries.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pro96 View Post
    LoL :

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
    Okay let me rephrase it . I don't like having channels that I do NOT watch in my guide. So I block them. Including SD channels that have HD equivalents. I block them. I don't watch sports channels-and wish I could not pay for them either. I don't watch religious channels or shopping channels , Country music, or News channels that I don't share a view with. I don't like this news channel due to the name alone. I know it is supposed to be a domestic news channel ,but I can't help but believe their will be an underlying political slant behind it that I simply will not agree with ,nor do I want to be exposed to it.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Yespage did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Yespage did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Yespage did! Be COOL like Yespage and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post
    American Al Jazeera news will be identical to liberal news outfits like NBC, CNN, ABC News . . nothing different and not any more liberal.

The Al Jazeera in Arabic is ultra Ilsamist and supports the Muslim Brotherhood. Several reporters for Arabic Al Jazeera recently quit in protest.
    CNN and MSNBC are tabloid news sources. Fox News is the only 'news' channel that has a flat out political agenda.

bein Sport has done fine up to now. No 'death to' Clint Dempsey or Fenway Sports Venture ads. Al Jazeera shall be interesting, because it may do something that no other news network in the US does, cover the news.

But given time, it'll probably devolve into showing reality programs about Arctic fishermen.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! GaryPen did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, GaryPen did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, GaryPen did! Be COOL like GaryPen and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yespage View Post
    CNN and MSNBC are tabloid news sources. Fox News is the only 'news' channel that has a flat out political agenda.
    MSNBC also has a clear bias, albeit one I often agree with. But, bias, none the less. It's usually pretty obvious.

Of the three, only CNN is relatively unbiased. OTOH, they are run by and programmed for idiots. I often can't watch because they infuriate me with their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yespage View Post
    But given time, it'll probably devolve into showing reality programs about Arctic fishermen.
    So true. Cable/Sat TV is just a vast wasteland of reality-based programming for idiots.
    FYI:
    -It's "couldn't care less", not "could care less".
    -It's "would've", "should've", and "could've", not "would of", "should of", and "could of".
    -It's "voila!", not "walla!" (That's right. You've been speaking French all this time.)
    -The first word in each sentence should be capitalized.
    -A period goes at the end of each sentence.
    -Commas are also a good idea, on occasion.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast