Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! FIRST GEN IPAD USER NEEDS OLD VERSION (4.0.3) Dish Anywhere App!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Newb to hopper. Looking for a way to get dish anywhere on iPad 1

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephobe View Post
    Newb to hopper. Looking for a way to get dish anywhere on iPad 1
    Read this entire thread.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    No this is dish's problem. They updated their app and determined min specs, but beyond that they have blocked the previous version from working with their service. I still have the previous version of DishAnywhere. When I attempt to login in I am presented with a message that Dish Remote Access is no longer support download DishAnywhere. That is what I have not dish remote. Plain and simple Dish is just not supporting older versions of the app. So while you could still be running the previous version it's still not going to work, Apple has nothing to do with that.

If they are going to end support for an older version of an app that's all well and good but the users should at minimum have advance warning of this. Not just have it work one day and not the next, that is what I find more distasteful than anything else. Could they support both versions, sure they could, but they have chosen not to and also chosen to not warn thei customers in advance.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: #xbox4life
    When was the last time you used the app prior to seeing that message? I'm pretty sure they had a message up warning about it prior to support ending and this message appearing.

Post Thanks / Like
    May have been month or more as onl use it when on the road for work. Never saw any advance warning prior to the one that I indicated above. I Would think that this is the sort of thing you would want to warn of for at min 3 months and more likely 6 but that is just me. Doesn't change the fact that this is their doing and theirs alone. Sling app will still run on gen1 iPad and even their new transfer app will. Would it really be so much to ask that they would continue to exist 1st gen with this app when they are with a brand new app?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: #xbox4life
    Even if you were to get a hold of the old app, it won't work because it used different servers than dishanywhere. I'm sure the reason why they got rid of the old app is because they didn't want to maintain both and run 2 sets of servers to support the applications.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast