Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROKU UPDATES DURING USE NOW????

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! radio did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, radio did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, radio did! Be COOL like radio and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

ROKU UPDATES DURING USE NOW????

Roku 2 unit. Enjoying latest HD Star Trek. Stops in the first 5 mintues, freezes, Roku automatically reboots itself. Highly annoying.
    This has happened on my original ROKU as well. Is it just me, or are there updates being activated even when the box is being used?

I can think of no other reason for the box to do a full restart on it's own.

If so, why isn't the code written to update ONLY when the box is idle??
    Dish 1: Birdview white solid, motorized for FTA w/V-box VII (system modified by "nicknjen")
    Dish 2: Birdview white solid, stationary, idle for now
    Receiver 1: Micro HD. Working well, original firmware
    For fun: Ramsey FM-100B 1/4 watt to send audio into offices and around the yard!

Retired: DSR-9224DTV; DSR-410; Pansat 3500 FTA; Visionsat 200IV PVR, Openbox S10

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tampa8 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tampa8 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tampa8 did! Be COOL like Tampa8 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Highly doubt it's updating. There is rarely even an update available, and you have to initiate it when there is. The box may have a problem, or a connection to it is making it reboot. Mine has a couple of times froze, then rebooted but not on a regular basis.
    Gordon Shumway works at Vandelay Industries.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! radio did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, radio did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, radio did! Be COOL like radio and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, but I've never had to initiate an update! Always took it whenever they pushed one. (Knowing I could push it myself and ask for it.)
    Box works fine on all "accounts" literally, and played the movie fine... (which, by the way is pretty darn well done)
    What kind of "connection to it" do you mean? If it drops a signal, it won't reboot, it just stops working. Perhaps I need to learn about this...
    Dish 1: Birdview white solid, motorized for FTA w/V-box VII (system modified by "nicknjen")
    Dish 2: Birdview white solid, stationary, idle for now
    Receiver 1: Micro HD. Working well, original firmware
    For fun: Ramsey FM-100B 1/4 watt to send audio into offices and around the yard!

Retired: DSR-9224DTV; DSR-410; Pansat 3500 FTA; Visionsat 200IV PVR, Openbox S10

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Roku had a problem yesterday morning. While searching for programs on Amazon Prime, it locked up. Did a power cord reboot and all of a sudden it would not connect to my wireless network. Did another 30 second or so reboot and no joy. Finally, unplugged for about an hour, then all was well. They are just as iffy as anything else.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Kraven did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Kraven did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Kraven did! Be COOL like Kraven and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kraven2012
    Roku3 rebooted a few times first hour it was out of the box but has been fine the past 3 weeks.
    No sound coming out of Vudu though..

Cheers, K
    39" offset, 6ft BUD, Micro HD, Openbox s10, channel master 4228HD, CM7777 Preamp, Homemade Yagi

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! PopcornNMore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, PopcornNMore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, PopcornNMore did! Be COOL like PopcornNMore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My ROKU 2 XS, ROKU 3 and Raspberry Pi all automatically reboot occasionally. Just goes to show that no device is perfect.

Dishes: 240cm (8') WS International Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Fortec Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Channel Master Dish, C-Band * 120cm (4') Channel Master Dish, SG2100 H-H, KU-Band * 36" X 26" Channel Master (StarBand) Dish, DBS * 18" Dish, DirecTV, DSS LNBF * Dish 1000+, Dish Network
    OTA Antennas: Terk TV-32 UHF Antenna, (Pittsburgh, PA locals) * Antennacraft MXU59 UHF Antenna, (Johnstown, PA locals)
    Receivers: VIP722 Dish Network * Coolsat 4000 Premium * Coolsat 6100 PVR * Openbox S9 HD PVR * Motorola DSR-410DS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast