Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DISH Anywhere and Personal Mobile Hotspot

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of the latest carrier settings update the Personal Hotspot option is no longer usable unless you pay $15/Mo for tethering. That's where TetherMe comes in. They also use user agent detection however it doesn't block anything but default Firefox/IE/Chrome desktop user agents. There are easy ways to change your user agent with Firefox/Chrome. Most other applications work fine. The other way they detect is by using a special APN for tethering. That's easy to change.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey 1.0 (all receivers can see each other)

1 ViP722k (separate account)

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Simple Choice Plan (T-Mobile's newest, no contract plan) and it includes the personal hotspot as part of the plan, no tethering charges. I think the previous plans restricted the hotspot, and one would have to jailbreak the phone, or pay the $15 per month, but now it is free, under the settings tile.
    On my wife's 4s the phone will serve up wifi access; on my phone it is by blutooth or usb; so I needed iTunes drivers to allow it to work with my notebook.
    Miner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12