Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: XIaomi Streaming Video Box

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Geronimo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Geronimo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Geronimo did! Be COOL like Geronimo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

XIaomi Streaming Video Box

I have been hearing a lot about a Chinese streaming box that allegedly can stream Hollywood and English product through chinese services. Does anyoune know anything solid about this box, what you can receive in the uS and whether it is legal in the US?

http://technode.com/2012/11/14/xiaom...deo-streaming/

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Geronimo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Geronimo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Geronimo did! Be COOL like Geronimo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of this writing I see almost a hundred views but no replies. I guess that no one has more information on this than I provided. It was a shot in the dark anyway.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! bhawley did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, bhawley did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, bhawley did! Be COOL like bhawley and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Box/dp/B00CXJTPIE#productDetails

Language system language : Chinese(original)&English(hacked). If you aint a geek, we will offer you hacking service without any additional fee!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of android tv boxes coming out of china. XIaomi Streaming Video Box uses Cortex-A9 (800MHz) pretty slow. I just got a Minix x7 for $130 and its amazing.
    Quad Core Mini TV BOX Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS Rockchip RK3188 Cortex A9 1.6GHz HDMI HDD Player 2G/16G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBR3ZrurMKI

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my amswer elsewhere. The devie itself is legal but the Chinese services that show copyrighted materials in English wat no charge are nre not legal here. I am not sure there are any penalties for the user but it is past my piracy threshold.