Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

Yup we are already getting ready for CES and so is DISH.

The Official DISH Press Event has now been announced and will take place on January 6th at 11am at Mandalay Bay, Level 3, South Seas Ballroom F. (Which I believe was the same place as last year)

Can't wait to see what they have for us for 2014!

​Of course SatelliteGuys will be there!
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

dfergie is online now Proud Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like same place, just a little earlier ...
    SatelliteGuys working for you at CES 2014
    dfergie@SatelliteGuys.US For Breaking Satellite Industry News, Please Click Here

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    I don't think people understand the time, planning and money that goes into getting ready for a 30 minutes press conference. In the past few years the press releases for new products and announcements have come out before we have even awoken in Las Vegas, which in turn make what we report from the press conferences old news once we report it.

But the main reason I still go to CES every year is to get face time with many of the people I work with year around. Its the only time we get to talk face to face.

So I guess in the end, with the amount of time planing, expenses and travel time in the end its all worth it.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine Dish coming out with anything big there. Maybe release Android Tablet support similar to the iPad. Another app, maybe?

I'd love to hear them announce a naming feature for EHDs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gadgtfreek did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gadgtfreek did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gadgtfreek did! Be COOL like gadgtfreek and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    New model HWS-K (Hopper with Sling plus the kitchen sink)
    65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
    X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
    Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
    Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navychop View Post
    I can't imagine Dish coming out with anything big there. Maybe release Android Tablet support similar to the iPad. Another app, maybe?
    I think they could really use some upgrades to their receivers....

A hopper with 5 or 6 tuners (so people wouldn't need to have multiple hoppers). Don't know if this is possible but do something similar to ptat but for all their channels on the same transponder. So for example put multiple espn channels on the same transponder and if I am recording something on one I don't lose a tuner to watch or record any others on that transponder. It really is very cool how you can do that with your local channels currently.

A tailgater system that could power 2 hdtv's or even a 722k that had dual hdmi outs (again for tailgating). This is one area where dish is way ahead of directv and they really should be pushing it more imo.

I would also like to see a dish anywhere app for windows so we can stop using that horrible website.

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast