Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Genie Upgrade w/o Install

Post Thanks / Like

Genie Upgrade w/o Install

Currently am not under contact and have 2 HR24-500s and 2 H24-700s w/ whole home DVR. SWiM install with an 8 port switch. From what I gather everything I have (dish/switch) is Genie ready.

If I call to get upgraded will I be able to have the equipment shipped to me or will it require an install tech to come out? Really don't have time to be at home for an install and I most definitely can complete the install myself.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! texasbrit did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, texasbrit did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, texasbrit did! Be COOL like texasbrit and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerChris View Post
    Currently am not under contact and have 2 HR24-500s and 2 H24-700s w/ whole home DVR. SWiM install with an 8 port switch. From what I gather everything I have (dish/switch) is Genie ready.

If I call to get upgraded will I be able to have the equipment shipped to me or will it require an install tech to come out? Really don't have time to be at home for an install and I most definitely can complete the install myself.
    No, you will need a tech. You already have six tuners and the Genie will make 11 in total. That probably means a replacement LNB at the dish, four cables to the house and an SWM16 multiswitch. And I suspect you don't have an 8-port switch, you probably have an SWM LNB and an 8-way splitter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on if you are having clients shipped too. Most likely you will NEED a tech to come out and install a SWM16.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
    To obtain, something of equal value must first be lost.
    That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
    In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.