Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New shows on EBRU TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conky View Post
    sadly most networks butcher the shows to fit more commercials. Especiallly the old shows where a 1/2h of tv had 5 minutes of commercials(now its closer to 10) Better than nothing I suppose.

Maybe they could speed up the playback. I watch a lot of stuff through VLC at 1.2x and you can't really tell the difference unless there's music
    Yep, or sacrifice the end credits, on the Hustle episode I mentioned in EBRU, I noticed they cut the opening intro, plus obviously some scenes were cut but then to my surprise they ran the full end credits.

As you mention, older shows in a 30 minute timeslot were 25 mins for show and 5 for commercials, from the classic 50īs shows like I Love Lucy,

Even shows in the the 80īs, I was watching the other day Threeīs Company and I immediately realize (remembered) they had about a 1 minute intro, and in total it was 25 mins. of actual show.

Nowadays most shows donīt "waste" time in an intro, (exceptions like Hawaii Five-O), show starts basically right away, cast names running at the same time, and a show in a 30 minute timeslot is now about 21 minutes (21:39 for a current show I checked).
    DJDish
    DBS user since 1995

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Globecast rumors are true, it may be good-bye to Ebru TV come Jan. 1.
    WSI WS9036 90cm dish with DG-380 Motor, Titanium PLL-1KS Standard Ku LNBF, and MicroHD receiver. Mini-BUD experiment with same dish, motor, receiver, but with scalar kit and Titanium C1-PLL (DMSi BSC421 as backup). Traxis 3500 backup/test receiver; Avenger PLL321S-2 Universal Ku LNBF for backup.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Dee_Ann did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Dee_Ann did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Dee_Ann did! Be COOL like Dee_Ann and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by northgeorgia View Post
    If the Globecast rumors are true, it may be good-bye to Ebru TV come Jan. 1.

OH COME ON NOW!!!! REALLY?????

Why???????

Are they going to just encrypt it? What a pant load!

EVERYTIME I just stumble onto something they do this!
    They either encrypt it or just kill it completely!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the rumor is they are talking about going to internet-delivery and killing off some/all of the globecast feeds on 97w. There's a thread on it in the main fta area.
    X2 Premium HD, 1m primestar DG380 motor.10'Sami+GI650 for c-band.
    Backup ku system currently being updated.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rv1pop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rv1pop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rv1pop did! Be COOL like rv1pop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    South Central Cascade Mountains and on the road.
    Post Thanks / Like
    As if I ever watch it -- oh, I guess I do -- if / when they go internet, they will lose me. Not that I do not want internet, but all the internet providers demand commercial power, including Hugues net. And one of those big satellite internet companies is unwanted in this area because they put big lights in their dishes - and we have a rather famous observatory here that does not like light pollution! OK - back to topic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conky View Post
    Is Ayna still on? I liked that travel show because they went to places other shows wouldn't. How many times can you watch some PBS guy visit Rome or Paris? BORING!

Why is the schedule on their website half empty?
    Ayna is on right now 9:30 PM and guess what the guy is visiting Rome
    DJDish
    DBS user since 1995

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast