Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Marantz SR7008 A/V Receiver - Review

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gadgtfreek did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gadgtfreek did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gadgtfreek did! Be COOL like gadgtfreek and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Marantz SR7008 A/V Receiver - Review

PRICE $1,999

The Marantz SR7008 is yet another masterful receiver from a brand that has remained great despite repeated changes in ownership. With every new product, Marantz earns its stripes all over again, and as the years go on, I become increasingly impressed by how many deeply satisfying Marantz receivers I can look back upon.

I will say that feature-wise, Marantz ought to try harder. A top-of-the-line receiver must be able to play music files from a PC or Mac without going through a DLNA connection. And with Wi-Fi proliferating in receivers costing well under a thousand dollars, Marantz needs to add at least an optional wireless alternative to the Ethernet jack. Not everyone can string Ethernet from router to rack.

But then thereís the sound. A couple of years ago, I nearly adopted this modelís predecessor, the SR7007, as my reference receiver. The SR7008 is equally worthy of that honor. Sound-wise, your two thousand bucks couldnít be better spent.
    from CD input to speaker output with two channels driving 8-ohm loads, reaches 0.1 percent distortion at 122.5 watts and 1 percent distortion at 148.0 watts

Link

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
    X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
    Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
    Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

teachsac is online now Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    SR6005 still running strong.

S~

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gadgtfreek did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gadgtfreek did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gadgtfreek did! Be COOL like gadgtfreek and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 6005 is a looker, I’m still undecided on the porthole…
    65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
    X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
    Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
    Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio