Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new weather channel format

Post Thanks / Like
    ours went to me-tv and antenna tv (I think). NBC dumped weather plus when they bought the weather channel. I guess they don't like live weather coverage and are more interested in showing shows about panning for diamonds or making artificial reefs or hauling coal or whatever they show now.

"Let's go Mountaineers!!"

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ts7 View Post
    With real time weather information so readily available from just about any internet-connected device or inexpensive weather radio, there just isn't that much need or demand for old fashioned weather scrolls/updates. Of course the best way to check you local weather is to get a $2 thermometer and look out the window.
    there are a lot of people who can't get internet or digital cable. There are some who can't get cable at all. Especially when you get out in the country and there are only a few houses around. Either the cable company doesn't see it feasible to offer internet or digital cable or they don't see it feasible to offer service at all. That far out you might as well forget dsl too as that is too expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    btw, my local on the 8s is the national forecast. I miss the local on the 8s based on directv active but I guess that is gone for good now.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedz4 View Post
    btw, my local on the 8s is the national forecast. I miss the local on the 8s based on directv active but I guess that is gone for good now.
    My Local on the 8 does the National as well, it bounces around the country giving you a large area at a time ......
    Hardly Local.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss how when it went to local on the 8s it loaded your local forecast from directv active.

raoul5788 is offline Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it does local for me, sometimes national.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast