Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad is the Hopper

Post Thanks / Like

How bad is the Hopper

Thought about upgrading to a Hopper then saw 22 bad Amazon Reviews versus 6 Good. Is the machine really that bad? Should I stand pat?

Brian

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lucky86 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lucky86 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lucky86 did! Be COOL like lucky86 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: #xbox4life
    I think the better reviews are posted on forums like this one. The Hopper blows away any box out there, in my opinion. Sure it has a few bugs and they are being worked on but overall this box is pretty awesome. The Hopper w sling is the way to go.

Rey is online now @ your service
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bkushner View Post
    Thought about upgrading to a Hopper then saw 22 bad Amazon Reviews versus 6 Good. Is the machine really that bad? Should I stand pat?

Brian
    The Hopper IMO is the best DVR out there. Amazon has become infected with a Ton of trolls where now you can't get much of an honest feedback on many items,this being one of them. As lucky86 mentioned, go with the Hopper with Sling.
    Dish Member 1999-2008,2013 2-Hoppers w/sling, Directv Member 2008-2013, Sirius Member 2003-2012
    If you like this site and want to help by becoming a pub member click here
    If you're already a pub member and want to only make a donation click here
    Official SatelliteGuys Rules

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read the problems in the Hopper Zone and make up your own mind.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! satjay did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, satjay did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, satjay did! Be COOL like satjay and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: michjay74
    I have to check out these "bad" reviews on amazon, have people had some issues, yes they have. As others have mentioned Hopper is best DVR out there! If you are new to the hopper read Scott's reviews

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Rangers484 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Rangers484 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Rangers484 did! Be COOL like Rangers484 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reviews on Amazon consist mainly of minor issues, user error and trolling. I don't know what you have now but the Hopper and Hopper with sling is better.

Read the forums here but keep in mind that here you are dealing with "super" users not average Joe's. Any feature or flaw in the Hopper is dissected to the nth degree but you will learn to use it and appreciate it to it's fullest.
    How'd your parents die?
    That's terrible. I'm sorry.
    RIP Steve C
    RIP Patrice

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast