Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgater

Post Thanks / Like

Tailgater

I am currently getting nothing from my dish tailgater. I last used it in May with my home 211 K receiver. It worked fine then.. It is out of warranty and approximately one and a half years old. When turned on all I get is a signal search screen and then a total signal loss screen. I have tried the check switch but all I get is currently doing tests 1 of 50 instead of 1 of 3 like I used to get. The only thing that has changed since I use the tailgster is that I had dish install a new HD Dish on the home and was wondering if the installer could have changed something in the receiver so my dish tailgater does not work. Any help would be appreciated

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This would garner more responses in the Dish forum. Perhaps a wandering Mod will move it there.

I suggest you run a check switch with the sat feed coax DISCONNECTED. This will clear the record. Then reconnect the dish and run check switch again. MIGHT fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    moved to dish area

by the way if you see a thread that is obviously in the wrong spot (like should be in dish and is in ops or general area) at the bottom of the post is a ! inside a triangle. Click on that and report the post so we can get it moved quickly
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Scherrman did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Scherrman did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Scherrman did! Be COOL like Scherrman and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Herky_T_Hawkeye
    Quote Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
    I am currently getting nothing from my dish tailgater. I last used it in May with my home 211 K receiver. It worked fine then.. It is out of warranty and approximately one and a half years old. When turned on all I get is a signal search screen and then a total signal loss screen. I have tried the check switch but all I get is currently doing tests 1 of 50 instead of 1 of 3 like I used to get. The only thing that has changed since I use the tailgster is that I had dish install a new HD Dish on the home and was wondering if the installer could have changed something in the receiver so my dish tailgater does not work. Any help would be appreciated

If you have not used the receiver in a long time you may need to hook it up to a stationary dish antenna and make sure it is still working properly. When receivers sit inactive for a long time they get "dumb" and need to have software sent to them again. I've had to do this a few times in order to get mine to work.
    If you are signing up for Dish please consider using one of my referrals
    TMR155082598 / AHP067673556 / AHP060706106
    To redeem the code go to
    http://tinyurl.com/dishreferralor you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. GO HAWKS!

Hopper with Sling and EHD on Samsung 58" Plasma
    Hopper on JVC 70" HDILA
    Mirrored to JVC 37" LCD
    Joey on Emerson 32" LCD
    Joey on LG 26" LCD
    211z with Tailgater

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lakebum431 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lakebum431 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lakebum431 did! Be COOL like lakebum431 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scherrman View Post
    If you have not used the receiver in a long time you may need to hook it up to a stationary dish antenna and make sure it is still working properly. When receivers sit inactive for a long time they get "dumb" and need to have software sent to them again. I've had to do this a few times in order to get mine to work.
    Yep. Quickest way I have found to get this done is to call the dish number, select technical assistance and tell them that you have a receiver that has been out of the stream for awhile and it needs a hit. They won't make you go through all the troubleshooting and will just do it. If you go through the the regular csr it will be a long process.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    moved to dish area

by the way if you see a thread that is obviously in the wrong spot (like should be in dish and is in ops or general area) at the bottom of the post is a ! inside a triangle. Click on that and report the post so we can get it moved quickly
    Okey Dokey. Not just for SPAM......
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast