Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: question about MeTV Network

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you calling "black bar hell"? Is that picture-framed? I HATE that! Everybody's ATSC tuners can handle 480 widescreen. Why not broadcast widescreen as widescreen, and not picture-frame it with black bars?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    no they are different
    black bar hell (to me) is black bars on the sides of the screen. Basically a SD program on a HD channel..see pic 1 (yeah its AntennaTV but as I mentioned Antenna, This and Me are all this way)
    picture framed is what our local CW does to some programing. Basically putting a 20" picture in a 42" TV (2nd pic...local wresling fed...yeah it says "AWF HD" but our local CW can't do any non CW programming in HD)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0026.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	953.9 KB 
ID:	94331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0025.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	964.1 KB 
ID:	94332  
    Last edited by Iceberg; 01-10-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well... What do you expect for 4:3 material on your HDTV? Seems like your "black bar hell" is the right thing to do IMHO. It's widescreen material letterboxed onto SD and then presented to me picture-framed (like your screen shot on the right) that drives me nuts.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah the local CW here is goofy with how they present the shows. Most shows are like on the left (again they dont have the ability to have any non CW programming HD). Even Ring of Honor (the station is owned by Sinclair who also owns ROH) is like on the left...except for one week where it looked like on the right.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKrell View Post
    Well... What do you expect for 4:3 material on your HDTV? Seems like your "black bar hell" is the right thing to do IMHO.
    I agree but as I noted above there are maybe 8-10 stations that carry MeTV as a subchannel and have it as widescreen. Most just carry it 4x3

FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123