Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New promo price for "Xfinity Plus"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, 'tis true.

Got a call late last week from local Comcast sales. Blast! Plus 50 Mbps with 50-channel basic cable with Streampix for $39.99 for 12 months, then $59.99 for months 13 - 24, then market rates beyond that.

I jumped on it, given that our current 25 Mbps Blast! Internet only was at $29.99 for 6 months and then $49.99 for months 7 - 12.

Because we use Comcast strictly for HSI, and with things changing the way they are (such as speed doubling), I'd expect we'll be at 105 Mbps before year-end 2014.

Now just waiting for cable box to show up; the 50 Mbps doesn't get provisioned until the box is called in.

We'll see how it goes

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dangue did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dangue did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dangue did! Be COOL like dangue and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maestro7 View Post
    Yes, 'tis true. Got a call late last week from local Comcast sales. Blast! Plus 50 Mbps with 50-channel basic cable with Streampix for $39.99 for 12 months, then $59.99 for months 13 - 24, then market rates beyond that. I jumped on it, given that our current 25 Mbps Blast! Internet only was at $29.99 for 6 months and then $49.99 for months 7 - 12. Because we use Comcast strictly for HSI, and with things changing the way they are (such as speed doubling), I'd expect we'll be at 105 Mbps before year-end 2014. Now just waiting for cable box to show up; the 50 Mbps doesn't get provisioned until the box is called in. We'll see how it goes
    It might be time for me to call my local Comcast to see what they can do for me. I'm paying just under $65 a month for nowhere near those speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
    Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    AHP014515055 / HOP131875884 / AHP012106235
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stanleyjohn did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stanleyjohn did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stanleyjohn did! Be COOL like stanleyjohn and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comcast and others are getting worried with market share! Over the air is starting to get more popular and roku plus pc internet streaming is explodeing.I for one is planning to drop all but the internet!I wonder what kind of deal they will try to sell me to keep me with the cable tv.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dangue did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dangue did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dangue did! Be COOL like dangue and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dangue View Post
    It might be time for me to call my local Comcast to see what they can do for me. I'm paying just under $65 a month for nowhere near those speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
    Finally called in. First tier couldn't do anything for me unless I was willing to bundle. Loyalty was able to apply a 12 month promotion dropping me from $66.95/month to $44.95/month for 25 Mbps service (with the comment that my area is going to be upgraded soon so I should expect a speed hike). Not shabby at all. This is much more in line with what I was paying after my initial promotion with them and seems fairly reasonable. Given some of the promotions in this thread, I probably could have done better, but I'm happy enough at this price point.

Interestingly, I could have gotten the Streampix and HBO bundle for $59.99, I just don't need that redundancy.
    Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    AHP014515055 / HOP131875884 / AHP012106235
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12