Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to force 522 Program Guide to update

Post Thanks / Like

Question How to force 522 Program Guide to update

This morning almost all channels on the Program Guide showed titles as "Not Available" starting around mid-afternoon today.

I thought there's a way to manually force the guide to update, but I couldn't find that procedure in the 522 instructions. So, I went thru every possible selection in the Menu, but didn't see any Program Guide manual update option.

So, if the 522 can be forced to update the Program Guide, how to do it?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Purogamer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Purogamer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Purogamer did! Be COOL like Purogamer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, god I wish you could though...As someone who works nights, sometimes I search 5 days ahead of time at 2:30am to see what's on...and then an hour later EVERYTHING is "info not available" beyond the next hour. Incredibly annoying. I would understand if it didn't update, but why does it have to delete things that were there before...

Either turn the unit off for a few minutes, or let it slip into sleep mode (inactivity timer)...but you can't force it to do it without doing one of these two steps. Fastest way is to turn it off for 3-5 minutes...

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! chaddux did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, chaddux did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, chaddux did! Be COOL like chaddux and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Purogamer
    No, god I wish you could though

but you can't force it to do it without doing one of these two steps.
    Wrong. There is a very easy way.

Menu > 6 > 1 > 1 > Check Switch > Test. Once the Check Switch completes itself, press View TV to return to TV. You should see an Acquiring Signal message. Do not press anything or interrupt the receiver in any way. Once it re-acquires a signal, it will download a fresh guide and return to live TV.
    Dish Network Customer August 24, 2004 - February 18, 2013
    DirecTV Customer Since February 16, 2013

DirecTV Slimline SWM 5 LNB with HR34 "Genie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure its been up-dating the info (epg) everynight? I have never seen my 522 drop any of the guide.
    I have mine up-dating at 3am every morning, just go into the menu and set it a couple minutes ahead, of whatever time your playing with it. It should then download at that time.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! chaddux did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, chaddux did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, chaddux did! Be COOL like chaddux and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteForMe
    Are you sure its been up-dating the info (epg) everynight? I have never seen my 522 drop any of the guide.
    I have mine up-dating at 3am every morning, just go into the menu and set it a couple minutes ahead, of whatever time your playing with it. It should then download at that time.
    I've never seen anyone hyphenate the word "updating" before. Odd. That is another way to get a new guide but then you have to change your settings back.
    Dish Network Customer August 24, 2004 - February 18, 2013
    DirecTV Customer Since February 16, 2013

DirecTV Slimline SWM 5 LNB with HR34 "Genie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chad, I'm sure you're 1000% correct as usual. I'll try that later on today when I get home.

And WhiteForMe, as far as I know the guide has been updating every night. (My 522 is also set for the 3 a.m. auto update.) Yesterday evening I was looking at the schedule for a week from now, and everything was filled. That's why it caught my attention at 7 a.m. when I saw "Not Available" in all the program guide slots beyond 2 p.m. today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast