Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Dish Houston

Post Thanks / Like

Big Dish Houston

I just move a 10' dish with only a c band lnb and after planting pole and puting everything toghether i get nothing. I left all the adjustments alone and i thought that by not touching declination and inclination all i had to do was just aim the dish in the same dirrection it was before i moved it. I am using a monterey 90 receiver (i think is analog althoug it ha a ku input). I get nothing but snow and is 105 degrees F in here. Please Help!!!!.

Thanks in advance

GAtocaribe From Houston

Ps I moved the dish from about 10 blocks away.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gatocaribe
    I just move a 10' dish with only a c band lnb and after planting pole and puting everything toghether i get nothing. I left all the adjustments alone and i thought that by not touching declination and inclination all i had to do was just aim the dish in the same dirrection it was before i moved it. I am using a monterey 90 receiver (i think is analog althoug it ha a ku input). I get nothing but snow and is 105 degrees F in here. Please Help!!!!.
    Sounds logical, but I think you would have to have the pole the exact same height out of the ground as before, then who's to say that the elevation is the same from where you moved it. My neighbors yard is 6 inches higher than mine so if I moved it over there I would have to start from scratch. Think how much difference that would make 22,000 away. It's possible that I may be moving, so I have been thinking about the same thing.
    ~J~ ~Deke Leonard~

PROUD NEW YORK YANKEE FAN SINCE 1960
    8 ft Spun Aluminum Dish since 1983
    Motorola 922, Traxis 3500, 6000HD, AZ Box Primium Plus, Quali TV
    C & Ku Band-Digital, Analog and DVB S, S2-4:2:0, 4:2:2, HD

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE 1970-1974
    3708 BMTS, FLT 1462 (ATC), Lackland AFB, TX

351st Security Police Squadron (SAC), Whiteman AFB, MO

4683rd Security Police Group (ADC), Thule AB, Greenland
    INDIANA AIR NATIONAL GUARD 1982-1984
    181st Civil Engineers, Prime Beef, Hulman Field, IN
    DAV
    ~41 CONSECUTIVE INDIANAPOLIS 500s AND COUNTING~

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! tofer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, tofer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, tofer did! Be COOL like tofer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would take a pretty big elevation change to get zero signal, and an arc is an arc. If you dont believe you have connection problems, try to turn the sat mount on the pole with the set bolts loose. Dont make any changes on the reciever because it was already set up and should still work. Pretty much a two person job if you dont have a signal meter. Never goes well with a wife!

Post Thanks / Like
    You may have already tried this, but if possible you should take a tv and your receiver out to the dish so that you can see the picture while making adjustments. I've been playing with a dish for the last couple weeks, and pretty small adjustments can make a big difference. It's really handy being able to watch the tv while moving the dish. I'm not familiar with your receiver, but on mine you can put it into a scan mode where it cycles through all the transponders. First on vertical and then on horizontal polarity. When I was first playing with mine, I found the scan mode very useful for finding signals. When I would get the first inkling of a signal, I'd stop the scan and put the receiver on that transponder and then fine tune the dish position until I had a good picture. One other thought, since you're not touching the elevation, at the other house the dish may have been tuned to a satellite that doesn't have any analog channels just digital. Since you're not changing the elevation, there may only be one satellite that you can get a signal from. If that one doesn't have analog, you wouldn't get a signal.

Post Thanks / Like

Big dish Houston

Ok I got a new cable from lnb to receiver and still nothing.I have not change any of the settings on the receiver but i still got snow. The receiver is on galaxie 5 looking for trynity net which is the last sat and channel watch before removing it.

Please keep hitting me with ideas. As of right now i am suspecting lnb. I am planning to buy an adaptor and install the invacom qpf 031 which is a dual (linear and circular lnb) and that way i will get all digital channels together with a pansat 3500. But i want to get this baby adjusted withs receiver and c band analog lnb

Thanks guys keep helping cause i need all the help i can get

Gatocaribe

Post Thanks / Like
    Might check that the skew on your lnbf is correct for your location. I believe it should be positive 40.9 for Houston. Also, make sure your receiver is looking for transponder 3 vertical to get Trinity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast