Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Globecast / FTA options

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ghia did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ghia did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ghia did! Be COOL like ghia and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Globecast / FTA options

I have purchased the system from Globecast to subscribe to Setanta sports. It is being shipped. I would like to expand the system to allow me to recieve FTA programming from Echo8 (GOL) ECHO7 (NASA) as well as the channels on G10R. Would it be possible to use a motor with the Globecast .75 meter elliptical dish ? I would like to order the motor so when the Globecast system arrives I will be ready to install everything.

I will be disconnecting my direct service and have a triple lnb 18"x20" phase 3 dish. (this is the dish

http://www.dishstore.net/product_inf...roducts_id=130

)
    Could this be incorporated into the system to receive GOL and NASA?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    The DirecTV Phase III dish is no good for FTA, it will work as a regular single dish as the switch will default to the 101w satellite only.

The Globecast dish could be motorized but its heavy.
    I would suggest a regular 30" dish with a motor and an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF, this will work for everything you need.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ghia did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ghia did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ghia did! Be COOL like ghia and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick reply (again) I guess I can just take the old direct dish down then.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go for the above suggestion one Dish and one LNBF will do it all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello im anotherone with the same question. How about the receiver? can i get both Setanta and the Free to air programming on the E* satellites with the same receiver? off course i mean of a LEGAL way!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    With a motorized system using a QPH-031 LNBF yes, not all at the same time of course, you would have to motor from satellite to satellite. The Invacom QPH-031 will handle both linear and circular satellites!

And there is a version of the Fortec Classic NA that will do both FTA and Globecast PAY programing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast