Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish Network Billing Department.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Dish Network Billing Department.

I had just upgraded my HD package to HD Dish Silver package with them.
    Per online page I only have to pay 49 dollars and that's include Dish and installation.
    Well, the tech came and did what he was supposed to do. He tried to activate the receiver and he told me that it would take awhile for me to get the signal, So I said OK and he left.
    Half and hour later I still get the message that I need to activate my receiver. So, I called and have it activated 15 minutes later.

When I went online and check my account and my jaw dropped when I see the bill close to $300.00
    I called and told the operator that it would only cost me $49.00 that's it not close to $300.00 and he told me that I was right that I should get free dish and free installation but the $300.00 was correct. I was so pissed I couldn't understand what his explanation was with all the charges. I just hung up the phone.

I did some more investigation and print out recent activity.
    They charge me for the dish, the installation and handling fee.

I called the second time and the lady told me that I was right I was not supposed to for all of those and she was taken it out of my bill.

This morning I check and the $99.95 dish still on my bill.
    I called them up again for the third time and she couldn't take it out. But I can deduct the amount when my bill come. But I told her that I have automatic payment it will just deduct from my card and now I'm gonna have to call to have them to credit me that amount again.

I'm really fed up with the whole thing already.
    If I were to cancel the whole thing will I still have to pay for the early cancellation ?
    Since they didn't honor me what they promise would that void the contract that I have with them.

At this point I would either go with either Cable or Direct TV

Are they really this bad all the time ?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

TNGTony is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they were, they wouldn't have 13 million subscribers. You got a bad deal. This is not normal.

See ya
    Tony
    THERE= a place. not here - THEIR= belongs to them - THEY'RE = short for "They Are". THEN = a point in time; not now. - THAN = used to compare things.
    -If you tried 4 times to move forward, it was the FOURTH time you went FORTH! ---Something AFFECTS you. You have an EFFECT on something
    Some one can win a MEDAL made of a METAL like gold for showing his METTLE (courage)
    If something is LOOSE you might LOSE it. Your=belongs to "you" You're short for "you are"
    You file a suit in court. You wear a suit in court. You stay in a suite at the hotel. You sweat it out. Victory is sweet!
    If two sets of twin brothers have a gunfight, you have a Dual Duel
    MUTE=Silent, unable to talk. MOOT= No longer relevant or important. "A mute points out a moot point."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TNGTony
    This is not normal.
    Yes, it's normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    With only 3 different way toget you digital tv not much of a choice nothing will ever change unless we stand up and let them we demand change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowcanary73
    With only 3 different way toget you digital tv not much of a choice nothing will ever change unless we stand up and let them we demand change.
    Still better than none right ?
    If it wasn't for the contract I'd drop them like a hot potato already. With Comcast I even get $25 off my bill for 16 months if I were Satellite owner.
    Or I can go with Direc TV and let's hope the service is better.
    If they don't shape up that 13 millions subscribers will shrink down fast.
    I read somewhere that Verizon is planning on selling cable television on their FIOS. If that became a success, we have another choice to go by.
    Remember when we use to have just land line phone. They charge you for everything. Caller ID for 7 dollars if you want caller ID with name it's 8 dollars.
    Now with Cell phone and VOIP all those features that they charge are part of the package.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyct
    I had just upgraded my HD package to HD Dish Silver package with them.
    Per online page I only have to pay 49 dollars and that's include Dish and installation.
    Well, the tech came and did what he was supposed to do. He tried to activate the receiver and he told me that it would take awhile for me to get the signal, So I said OK and he left.
    Half and hour later I still get the message that I need to activate my receiver. So, I called and have it activated 15 minutes later.

When I went online and check my account and my jaw dropped when I see the bill close to $300.00
    I called and told the operator that it would only cost me $49.00 that's it not close to $300.00 and he told me that I was right that I should get free dish and free installation but the $300.00 was correct. I was so pissed I couldn't understand what his explanation was with all the charges. I just hung up the phone.

I did some more investigation and print out recent activity.
    They charge me for the dish, the installation and handling fee.

I called the second time and the lady told me that I was right I was not supposed to for all of those and she was taken it out of my bill.

This morning I check and the $99.95 dish still on my bill.
    I called them up again for the third time and she couldn't take it out. But I can deduct the amount when my bill come. But I told her that I have automatic payment it will just deduct from my card and now I'm gonna have to call to have them to credit me that amount again.

I'm really fed up with the whole thing already.
    If I were to cancel the whole thing will I still have to pay for the early cancellation ?
    Since they didn't honor me what they promise would that void the contract that I have with them.

At this point I would either go with either Cable or Direct TV

Are they really this bad all the time ?
    Sounds like you have met the outstanding folks at customer service. Shame that most can not speak English, but then that is not their native language and they are only trained for "canned responses" from my experience with them.

Yes, they are this bad all the time, the only time they are not is when they are worse.

Your rights really depend on what state you live in (read that as: how fervently consumer rights are enforced there.) You can call or email the state attorney general's office to see what their take on it is.

NEVER put anything on automatic payment. I had BellSouth teach me that years ago. They ACCIDENTALLY over-billed me and getting a refund thru VISA was an absolute nightmare. Complaining to VISA was useless, so cancelled the card, left the monthly bill on that account (or so they thought) until credit was used and then, I was back on send em a check when balance is due. Just make sure you know when to start paying from the statement, if you decide to go that route.

GOOD LUCK!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast