Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [TWC] Road Runner with RG11

Post Thanks / Like

[TWC] Road Runner with RG11

What kind of advantage is to be had with replacing the RG6 from the cable modem out to the pedastal with RG11? Will it help "pings" and what not?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the limit w/o noticeable loss in RG6 is 200 to 350 feet.
    TW will install RG11 for runs over 200 feet, I had that done
    and found no improvements at all.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    How far is the pedestal to your house ??

Post Thanks / Like
    It will only help your signal reliability if it is low. If you have decent signal and it works now, RG11 will not improve speed/pings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hall
    How far is the pedestal to your house ??
    The fiber is across the street. So my cable goes:

RG6 to the fiber @ that pedestal, under the steet (in pipe, should be easy to pull)

RG6 to RG6 with 3GHz F81 in pedastal in my front yard

FG6 to RG6 with groundblock outside

RG6 to RG6 with 3Ghz F81 in attic. It was a -7Db splitter, but I took that out trying to get mo better.

So my thought is that I could eliminate 2 F81's and 4 F connectors by running some fresh line (which needs to be done anyway).

The RG11 would be about 190 feet from the fiber to the modem. It would probably require me digging around the pedastal in the neighbor's (screw him) yard across the street. TW didn't stub up the RG6 for my house inside the pedastal, therefore my RG6 is nice and weedwhacked. Neither pedastal is locked, so I have full access. I can either call TW on it or do it my self when I am not installing E*. I just thought RG11 might turbo boost my connection. No idea why TW didn't put my cable in the pedestal, but if they fix it, they might lock it.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cablewithaview did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cablewithaview did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cablewithaview did! Be COOL like cablewithaview and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    getting rid of the F81's and leaving only the ground block along with having a solid run might help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast