Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Activating Dish in Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Activating Dish in Canada

Can anyone recommend a company that I can go thru to activate and register my Dish Network, even though I live in the Toronto area. It is/was activated with Dish and I was being charged via my credit card but went down yesterday. Looking to change providers, not impressed with the one I have, bad customer service. Thanks very much.
    P.S.; wife and in-laws are Chinese and Dish has the best mainland package, wish BEV or any other Canadian provider offered a similar service.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Try posting on Craigslist. All you need is someone to take the mail addressed to you and throw it out - rather than return it to the sender. As you know, you can set up the account to be pd. automatically by credit card.
    Your only problem will be calling DISH when you need to unless they have a non toll free number you can call. BEV has a 416 number I can call from the states.
    PM me for further info.

...mike

Post Thanks / Like

Talking You can call Dish 1-800 from Canada...

Just use an AT&T phone card from WalMart. It is not cheap (about 20 cents a minute) but it is alot easier than getting my sister in law in Tampa do make a 3 way call. Be prepared - if you own your equipment, they will want a social security number to do a credit check. In a country like the US, I find it hard to believe that they so willingly give up such personal information. In Canada, you have the right to turn down requests for this info.

Me-At-Work

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your pm.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Uplink did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Uplink did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Uplink did! Be COOL like Uplink and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    WMS Activations does E* and D* too. Their site is
    http://wmsactivations.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uplink
    WMS Activations does E* and D* too. Their site is
    http://wmsactivations.com

You gotta be kidding. $500 for an H20 receiver? These are free in the US after rebate. Why not just drop down to your local Costco in the US and pick one up?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast