Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azimuth and point angle for 129 using DISH 500 second dish

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dendavis did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dendavis did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dendavis did! Be COOL like dendavis and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Azimuth and point angle for 129 using DISH 500 second dish

Live in the L.A. area, where the 129 signal is not so good for the DISH 1000. Thought I might try my number two dish, currently pointed at 148, for 129, since I will have no need for 148 now. Having trouble finding a chart for determining the azimuth and point angle for 129, for zip 92802.

Any help appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! RandallA did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, RandallA did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, RandallA did! Be COOL like RandallA and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try this link:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installati...Calculator.htm

Just enter 129 manually and select L.A. It gives me elevation 48.9 and Azimuth 198.7.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Pepper did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Pepper did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Pepper did! Be COOL like Pepper and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why 129 has never been added to the E* angle calculator built into their receivers.
    My dogs pepper & graci - for sale: this domain
    dish: ViP622 DVR L711RBDD-N (BS1731), AT250HD+BB+Mobile/Pensacola, 1K4 EA
    FTA: microHD, P* on SG2100(30W-123W-Ku), SuperDish on 125W-Ku, 39in ChannelMaster on 103W-Ku, Coolsat 7100 in closet
    LG 55LW5300 3Dtv, Sony STR-DH520 7.1 AV, SlingBox classic, AppleTV2

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! RandallA did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, RandallA did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, RandallA did! Be COOL like RandallA and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    I wonder why 129 has never been added to the E* angle calculator built into their receivers.
    No kidding. It's been active for so many months now and the receivers don't have the angle calculator. I think they expect you to use the D1000 if you want to see 129.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dendavis did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dendavis did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dendavis did! Be COOL like dendavis and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallA
    Try this link:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installati...Calculator.htm

Just enter 129 manually and select L.A. It gives me elevation 48.9 and Azimuth 198.7.
    That's outstanding, thanks so much

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallA
    No kidding. It's been active for so many months now and the receivers don't have the angle calculator. I think they expect you to use the D1000 if you want to see 129.
    Probably a dumb question, but wouldn't the elevation be the same for 110, 119, and 129 with 129 being a little further west than 119? So the elevation used for 119 should work with the 129, right? I don't think the skew would matter much since you are trying to pick up one sat.

Like I said, this is my amateur understanding of how Dish works so please correct me if I am wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast