Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skyway USA

Post Thanks / Like

Skyway USA

http://www.skywayusa.com/

About SkyWay USA
    SkyWay USA is a reliable, low-cost satellite Internet service provider. SkyWay USA can send information to your computer at a whopping 200-1500 Kbps, as compared to 5 to 56 Kbps with dial-up access providers. We provide a consistent user experience, and are more reliable than current "two-way" systems.

Not every home has access to DSL or Cable broadband Internet access services and the costs of setting up this technology throughout the country, to each home, are in the billions of dollars. SkyWay USA's satellite Internet service allows virtually everyone to have access to lightning-fast broadband Internet access. The download of information from the Internet to your computer goes from the satellite direct to your PC. Regardless of where you live, if you have a clear view of the southern sky, you should be able to get SkyWay USA's satellite Internet service.

SkyWay USA is more reliable and economical than two-way satellite Internet services. It's faster and more reliable because SkyWay USA doesn't experience the same time-out delays caused by "two-way" approach of uploading requests to the satellite. Satellites are really designed to broadcast and not receive information from small transmitters. SkyWay USA takes advantage of satellite's strengths by using it for downloading of information only. As you know, when you're using a dial-up Internet service, your waiting time is based on downloading the information over your telephone line. The use of satellite Internet to download eliminates the problem.

Plan Maximum Speed
    Bronze$23.95 200 Kbps
    Silver $43.95 400 Kbps
    Gold $53.95 800 Kbps
    Platinum $73.95 1.5 Mbps

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused about this company. It sounds like I would have to have a house phone still, but they offer with or without dialup service. What does this mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to have a house phone to upload. If you are thinking about satellite internet go with Hughes or Wildblue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love the claims of this company!

SkyWay USA is more reliable and economical than two-way satellite Internet services
    Duh! If satellite service is down from solar or terrestrial weather issues, their satellite is going to be down, too. So then a phone line to upload with no download capability is more reliable? And $44 per month for 400 Kbps upload and 28.8 Kbps up (typical rural phone line max speed) is more economical than $49.95 for 500 Kbps down and 128 Kbps up (WildBlue Value Pak)? If you're counting your pennies that closely, no internet at all is even more economical.

Satellites are really designed to broadcast and not receive information from small transmitters.
    Duh! Satellites do whatever they're designed to do. If you really want to get technical, phone lines with analog switching equipment are not really designed to carry data traffic. That's why they do it so slowly.

I didn't know these satellite download with phone line upload companies were still around. I don't think I would buy their stock . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CochiseGuy
    I just love the claims of this company!

Duh! If satellite service is down from solar or terrestrial weather issues, their satellite is going to be down, too. So then a phone line to upload with no download capability is more reliable? And $44 per month for 400 Kbps upload and 28.8 Kbps up (typical rural phone line max speed) is more economical than $49.95 for 500 Kbps down and 128 Kbps up (WildBlue Value Pak)? If you're counting your pennies that closely, no internet at all is even more economical.

Duh! Satellites do whatever they're designed to do. If you really want to get technical, phone lines with analog switching equipment are not really designed to carry data traffic. That's why they do it so slowly.

I didn't know these satellite download with phone line upload companies were still around. I don't think I would buy their stock . . .

Thats why I posted this. I to thought the claims were hilarious

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Stargazer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Stargazer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Stargazer did! Be COOL like Stargazer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were begging me on the phone to sell their service. They said credit card or checking account was required along with a minimum purchase to start. I told them no thanks. If they want my business bad enough they will do better than that. Wireless internet is making its way into my area (going to have two providers) unless something goes wrong. The satellite internet will not have a chance after that point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast