Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 108 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish Network: Distant Networks

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

Dish Network: Distant Networks

The following is from an email which will be going out Monday to all Dish Network retailers from Charlie Ergen regarding Distant Networks.

While SatelliteGuys.US was the first to post this information, we encourage all other forums to spread the word and encourage our members to write congress and tell them we want a choice. We do have a powerfull voice, lets use it!

In addition the
    www.savemychannels.com

website is now active.
    As you may have already heard, a group of network broadcasters are trying to force DISH Network to stop delivering distant network channels to our customers.

Distant network channels are the ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX broadcast channels customers get from us by satellite that originate outside their community. For example, if customers live in rural Texas and purchase New York, Los Angeles, Denver or other network channels from us, they are at serious risk of being shut off. This would NOT affect or upset in any way our ability to offer local network channels to local markets, and the good news is that we offer local channels by satellite to over 96% of the United States. Nor would it affect any other programming we offer.

The problem is a court case that has been going on for eight years. We strongly believe consumers have the right to choose their TV viewing experience, and should be allowed to watch televised news and other information originating outside their hometown. They are free to choose to read The New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, or any other newspaper regardless of where in the United States they live. These same choices should be available for TV news. Unfortunately, the broadcasters were able to get a special interest law passed that prohibits this, except in very limited circumstances. And now the broadcasters are trying to take even that limited choice away from our customers.

We fought hard for years to allow our customers the choice to receive televised news and other information originating outside their hometown.
    This is particularly important in times of national or local emergency.
    During Hurricane Katrina, when local channels went off the air, DISH Network provided distant network channels to relief stations, police and fire stations, military installations and thousands of displaced families. Similarly, after 9/11, DISH Network supplied distant network channels crucial to relief efforts.

While we have reached reasonable settlements with hundreds of stations over the years, a small group of broadcasters continues to stonewall – to the detriment of our customers. A recent court decision clearly favors the self-interests of these broadcasters over protecting the rights of hundreds of thousands of consumers who choose to receive their network channels by satellite. Unfortunately, broadcaster special interests used their big money to preserve a law that takes away customers’ freedom of choice.

You can help stop this by immediately going to
    www.savemychannels.com

, which will assist you in contacting and emailing your Congressmen and asking them to fight for our subscribers’ rights to keep their distant network channels.

Our goal is to avoid disruption to our customers who currently receive distant networks, and we continue to try to reach fair settlements with the broadcasters and to lobby members of Congress. If necessary, we will take our case all the way up to the Supreme Court.

We will continue to keep you informed of significant developments. In the meantime, please go to
    www.savemychannels.com

today to help our customers save their distant channels.

Last edited by Scott Greczkowski; 07-21-2006 at 08:38 PM.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

dfergie is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent...
    SatelliteGuys working for you at CES 2014
    dfergie@SatelliteGuys.US For Breaking Satellite Industry News, Please Click Here

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! SatinKzo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, SatinKzo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, SatinKzo did! Be COOL like SatinKzo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine too

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! K9SAT did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, K9SAT did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, K9SAT did! Be COOL like K9SAT and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only if i get all the mpg4 channels in true hd dammit .... (ok, I gave up and sent my letter)... But keep working on them HD LITE channels and getem true hd soon!
    Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me and You can save over $100 on your DIRECTV bill! PM me for details.

My thoughts and views on this forum are mine and do not reflect the thoughts and views of my current employer.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    sent
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Done... Is this even supposed to be public knowledge yet? I guess better sooner than never.

Page 1 of 108 1231151101 ... LastLast