Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DISH won't come get their dish; want me to remove LNB from 4-story roof?!?

Post Thanks / Like

DISH won't come get their dish; want me to remove LNB from 4-story roof?!?

After being placed on eternal hold trying to speak with a manager (three times, for a total of 1:47 hours), Dish expects me to get up on my 4-story roof of the rental property and remove the LNB to return the equipment?

I am moving and was going to drop the package and keep the german channels. They said I would have to purchase the equipment, given that I didn't maintain the minimum package. Therefore, I said just pull the plug on everything. Then she dropped the "you will be responsible for removing the LNB off the dish and returning it to us, or you will be charged for it." She would not listen to reason.

Any ideas how I could get them to come get THEIR LEASED equipment? I told them that I was renting and my landlord never authorized the installation, and she wants the crap gone before the new owners of the house go to closing.

Could I call back and say I am moving, just take the boxes with me, then cancel after a month? Or does the move and reinstallation automatically extend the contract? HELP!!!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mikew did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mikew did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mikew did! Be COOL like mikew and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Find out how much they'll charge you for the LNB. Search for the LNB on EBay. A move will extend your contract. Currently a Dish 500 Dual LNB is on Ebay for $1.25 plus $10.00 shipping.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Terp
    Any ideas how I could get them to come get THEIR LEASED equipment?
    Think about it, if you don't return it, they'll get their money and it will be *your* equipment. You DID agree to return these items when you cancelled your service.
    I told them that I was renting and my landlord never authorized the installation
    How did it get installed then ??

For what it's worth, when I cancelled, the rep on the phone said I needed to return the switch, LNB(s), receiver(s), etc, etc, unless they were inaccessible to me. My dish was mounted on the ground and the switch was mounted to my house, 2-3' off the ground. I could have told him it's on my 2nd story roof and 1) I'm afraid of heights and 2) don't have a ladder and I think he wouldn't have made an issue of it. One could argue "I didn't tell them to mount it there, but it was the only place that would work".

Post Thanks / Like
    But.... Does Dish ever go and retrieve dishes?

On the Dish Move, they tell you grab your receivers, remotes, and shoes, and go, and they will install a new dish at the new location. I've always wondered if they just leave them for the property owner/new owner to disposal of at the owners discretion.

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought the dish wires and switches are yours to keep the reciver is the leased item? but if they are going to get shitty about it id get one from ebay.

Post Thanks / Like
    If that's the case, and the job was done well, maybe the current owner will suggest to the buyer they should keep it and all will be okay.

But I could see the current owner wanting it down and repairs made before having to possibly warrant the roof from future damage caused by the dish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast