Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-band HD channels

Post Thanks / Like

C-band HD channels

Is it possible to sub some HD channels on C-band? I found Discovery I think... is that all? Any movie channels?

I guess you can get some feeds and PBS on FTA right?

( I'll move soon to the country where I can install my BUD)

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Right now we are limited to HBO east and west, Showtime (west only) and Starz east and west. You get these chanels free provided you already subscribe to their digital services. As you mentioned, there is the Discovery Theatre and Wealth HD. I think Discovery is about $30 a year, Wealth HD is free. And finally there's Nebraska Public tv on T5 whch is also free.

Not much to bother with, if you ask me. At least so far.

Don H.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your a boxing fan like myself, HBO and Showtime make it all worth while

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone been able to get any of these with a Mini-C 1.2 or 1.8 setup? Are the birds/transponders hot enough to do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic
    Has anyone been able to get any of these with a Mini-C 1.2 or 1.8 setup? Are the birds/transponders hot enough to do it?

I've not heard of anyone using a 1.2 for a c-band subscription. The 1.8 would be very, very marginal. I'm using a spun aluminum dish in the 7.5 foot range and I've been thinking about getting something bigger. I sub to all the HD available on 4dtv, and just about everything else too. My signal quality on HBO HD and Starz HD is usually around 50 or 60. Discovery and Showtime tend to be a little higher. 40 is right about the cut off point for getting a watchable picture, so I don't have much room for error and have had problems at times. If you're thinking of purchasing a dish for a subscription, I wouldn't go any smaller than 8 feet.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! JerryK did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, JerryK did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, JerryK did! Be COOL like JerryK and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard people say that HD on big dishes is superior. is it 1080p?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast