Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Local HDTV Antenna with Dish Network

Post Thanks / Like

Local HDTV Antenna with Dish Network

Hello:

I have been trying to install my local HDTV antenna with HD receiver from Dish Network. I have connecting to three dish network satellites 61.5, 110 and 119.
    This signal then comes through the wall into two TVs in the house. One of my TVs is plasma connected to the HD Receiver. When I plug my antenna in directly to the HD Receiver and do scan locals I get the reception (poor because the antenna is now inside the house). I wish to install the antenna on the roof. So I took a diplexer and plugged my antenna cable into the diplexer with the satellite cable going to the HD receiver. Then inside the house I use the diplexer and run the inputs into the HD receiver. However, now when I run SCAN Locals in the system setup I get no channels. How do I resolve this? I do not wish to run another cable in the house.

Thanks for your help

GIS

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you installing for a TV antenna? From the limited information you have given my 1st guess is you have an amplified antenna and the diplexer isn't power passing for the amplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

Antenna

I have the Terk HDTV Outdoor VHF/UHF Antenna

Thanks

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! jkinser did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, jkinser did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, jkinser did! Be COOL like jkinser and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What side of the switch do you have the diplexer on? Input side (towards LNBs) or Output side (towards receiver cable run)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to answer this question to the best of my limited ability.
    The DishNetwork setup has two cables coming from the dishes. One cable is going directly to my living room HDTV with a connector. The second cable connects to a diplexer which splits the signal to two other rooms.

I installed a diplexer on the cable that goes to my living room. Then in the living room I have another diplexer that connects the outputs to the ANT input and the Dish input of my HD Receiver. I do get the dish network channels working properly. It is the local HD channels that I am not getting. The Scan locals in the setup of the Dish does not scan any locals. If I dont use any diplexers and connect the HDTV antenna directly I do get the local channels.

I hope I answered your question

Thanks