Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting into HD Want To Know A Good Receiver To Get

Post Thanks / Like

Getting into HD Want To Know A Good Receiver To Get

Hey Guy's,
    I'm looking to pick up an HD receiver I been on Ebay and I'm looking at the Samsung SIR-TS360,the LG LSS-3200A,and the Sony SAT-HD300.I started looking at the RCA H20 with the AT9 dish but I didn't like the reviews I saw on the H20 receiver seems there's a lot of out-of-the-box problems and problems with the units getting very hot.Dishwise I have the oval three LNB on the house right now.Was thinking about the AT9 thing but changed my mind when I saw how the H20's were.From what I understand the H20 receiver is the only one that will work with the AT9 dish.I don't want to go nuts just be able to watch a little HD.I have is the older Samsung 32" direct view model #TXM3297HF Dyna Flat HD TV.It's only got component in no DVI 1080i resolution.If you guys know of some good units that will give me good service please let me know.I read some good things about the Sammy360 and kinda lean towards that unit.I know it's not the most current unit but it has some features that I like.Let me know what ya think!

Last edited by JoeRoastbeef; 09-28-2006 at 06:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Q&A to lead us:

I see you area current subscriber; right

If you were a new sub, you will have no up-front selection other than what is current model for HD; H10, H20, HR20 (DirecTV branded, not RCA) and the gear & installation would be free. The AT9 dish will work with the current and older receivers just fine.

Since you are a current sub looking to ADD HD, then you can buy secondhand gear and will need DirecTV to send you a new access card to activate it. The LG LSS-3200A, Sony SAT-HD300, Zenith HD-SAT520 and Hughes HTL-HD are all 98% the same boxes built by LG. They will work with the AT9, BUT are MPEG2 only and will not receive any MPEG4; which is currently your local affiliate & RSN in HD.

Also, DVI and 1080i do not specifically go hand-in-hand; an HD ready display with component should be able to get 720p and 1080i; I know my old 65" RPTV does and I am looking up your make & model while waiting your reply.

WELCOME!
    Last edited by charper1; 09-28-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! slacker9876 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, slacker9876 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, slacker9876 did! Be COOL like slacker9876 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got the ViP211 myself. I hate the H20 and HR20, but they both have great OTA tuners and a program guide condusive to CableTV users.

Post Thanks / Like
    WRT AT9 and receiver compatability, it should be noted that, while the AT9 will work with older receivers, if you have an external switch, the AT9 will NOT work with that older switch, you will have to use a WB68.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Samsung display does do 1080i via the rear component jacks as I suspected. Which it has 2 of in case you have no A/V head unit that will switch everything for you. Ah yes, thanks for that additional comment damaged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guy's
    Now I said I was thinking of useing the AT9.My current dish is for HD also it's the oval 3 LNB with built in multi switch which hits 3 sats,will handle up to 4 tv's.I do all my own installs and installed this dish.The AT9 looks more involved as far as setup.And that baby hits 5 sats,I thought about going that way but whats the sence if I'm not useing the H20 receiver.It's a shame with the H20 RCA was making really good receivers back in the day.
    So what do you guy's think about my receiver choices.If you know of some better models please by all means.

.............Sorry Charper I just saw the other models you suggested at the bottom of your post..............
    Last edited by JoeRoastbeef; 09-28-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast