Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up Wave Frontier T90

Post Thanks / Like
    Well! i tried and tried today for about 6 hours and could not get the T90 to work. When i used the settings sent by wave frontier with skew, elevation and azimuth, i could only get one bird... the other two were showing 0%. Let me just give you a quick heads up. I already have my Bell and Dish receivers and they were hooked up to their respective dish. They were on the roof of my shed and i had to tear it apart. So i decided to combine both on a T90. In other words i'm trying to get 91, 110 and 119. On my dish receiver, i got all the chans from 110 but nothing from 119. Then i went to my bell receiver...no signal at all... bird was not even locked up on the screen. I have the feeling that the company settings aren't good... Should i try the settings provided by SatLex?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    so you have a subscription to both Dish & ExpressVu?
    I did the same thing with my DIsh & StarChocie subscriptions...combvined dishes

here is the link to setting it up

http://www.satlex.de/en/wavefrontier_calc.html

you do need to skew the dish.

FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i do have subscriptions to both and i had the very first dish (with a single lnb and no skew) for both BEV and Dish Network. I should have setup my old dish temporarily on my roof or somewhere else before trying to T90. Now i am stuck with no tv at all.... But i know a lot of people were able to successfully setup a T90 so i am not worried.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    once you get the hang of it, it is easy to work with. Since you are working with DBS, there is a little more leeway with the fine tuning of signal.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok i got the information form SatLex.
    They were a tiny bit different that what WaveFrontier sent me. Especially with the placement of the LNB for 91. They have it at 17.1 and WaveFrontier had it at 14.5
    Also the skew is 69 instead of the 66 WaveFrontier sent me.
    The elevation is 44 instead of 46.

Based on your experience, what is the best way to proceed.
    At some point yesterday i had 110 which is the bird closest to the middle of the arc. The dish wasn't skewed at this point. I had a pretty good signal... somewhere along 75%. I would not get anything from 119 or 91. Then i skewed the dish to 66 and just lost everything.

I looks as if skewing the dish throws the azimuth and elevation off and you have to take everything back to square one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrenier View Post
    Ok i got the information form SatLex.
    They were a tiny bit different that what WaveFrontier sent me. Especially with the placement of the LNB for 91. They have it at 17.1 and WaveFrontier had it at 14.5
    Also the skew is 69 instead of the 66 WaveFrontier sent me.
    The elevation is 44 instead of 46.

Based on your experience, what is the best way to proceed.
    At some point yesterday i had 110 which is the bird closest to the middle of the arc. The dish wasn't skewed at this point. I had a pretty good signal... somewhere along 75%. I would not get anything from 119 or 91. Then i skewed the dish to 66 and just lost everything.

I looks as if skewing the dish throws the azimuth and elevation off and you have to take everything back to square one.
    You need to have a cheap signal meter. It will not work trying to set up a T90 with a receiver.

Best to set up the T90 with a circular lnb in the center with out any dish skew.

Then add outboard circular lnbs and skew for the best signal on the two outboard lnbs. readjust aim of center lnb (by moving on rail).

(You can not get peak signal from both 91 and 129 at the same time, because they will want different skews of the dish. This skew adjustment is a compremise of the best from both. IE 129 has signal strength of 9 on cheap signal meter at dish skew of 63, 91 has a signal strength of 9 at dish skew of 65. Compremise is a signal strength of 8 on both at skew of 64.)

That is the coarse adjustment. Numbers can be off from Satlex and Wave Frontier, Satlex calculator is incorrect for all LNBs on one side of the dish. Use rail markings and add or subtract for coarse placement of holders. IE 110 - 20 = 90 and 110 + 20 = 130, so 91 is at right 19 and 129 is left 19.

next install linear lnbs and make small adjustments to peak the two most outboard linear lnbs.
    Last edited by jerryt; 10-23-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast