Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to align DirectV HD Dish?

Post Thanks / Like

How to align DirectV HD Dish?

Hello I am having issues with my DirectV HD service. I am getting a lot of artifacts, and distortion when watching HD Programming on my local channels. Sometimes it will just go to a blue screen and it may take about 30 seconds for the screen to come backup. One day it lost the signall and the receiver reset it's self. I don't know if it has to do with the Alignment of the dish.

I called Directv and they had me check the signal strength. It's at about 75%
    They had me check different satellites and transponders but this is the best signal I can get right now. They told me that It could be 2 things, 1st that the reciever I have (MDL: H20, MFR:600) was known to have problems. Or it could be that it's not align properly anymore. In any case they wanted to charge me to fix it.

Does anyone know what can be the problem and how to solve it? Thank you much.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Is there anything in front of the dish's line of sight?

2. I can't hurt to have a competent person go out and re-peak the dish.

3. Do you have any standard receivers that you could report signal strengths?

Post Thanks / Like
    75% is probably about what the H20 should in fact be reading.

Aiming the at9 yourself is difficult, and to do it right really requires a signal meter.

The H20-600 is a piece of junk. The H20-100 is better.

You could always try to force a firmware upgrade if they didn't have you do that. Reset the box and on the blue welcome screen hit 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 on your remote.

You'll likely end up needing a tech to come out to check it for you. Just pray the problems are in fact visible during the service call.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the service plan, DirecTV will come out and peak it for free...

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarito View Post
    Hello I am having issues with my DirectV HD service. I am getting a lot of artifacts, and distortion when watching HD Programming on my local channels. Sometimes it will just go to a blue screen and it may take about 30 seconds for the screen to come backup. One day it lost the signall and the receiver reset it's self. I don't know if it has to do with the Alignment of the dish.

I called Directv and they had me check the signal strength. It's at about 75%
    They had me check different satellites and transponders but this is the best signal I can get right now. They told me that It could be 2 things, 1st that the reciever I have (MDL: H20, MFR:600) was known to have problems. Or it could be that it's not align properly anymore. In any case they wanted to charge me to fix it.

Does anyone know what can be the problem and how to solve it? Thank you much.
    HI... If you have the protection plan, then call DirecTV to come out and peak it for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    that box is crap crap crap! I have been in your shoes (my you have small feet)! Anywho, I had my dish poked and prodded more times them Pamela Lee, I actually had a new box sent out 2 times third time was the charm! All better now!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a good (relatively inexpensive) inline signal meter I can buy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast