Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Directv USA in BOLIVIA. HD in south america?

Post Thanks / Like

Directv USA in BOLIVIA. HD in south america?

Hello guys,
    I just been to the states and bought a HD lcd,tv. Which came with the
    Directv HD receiver (H20-600), and I am waiting to get the 5 lnb dish AT9.
    Ok here is my problem. There is no Directv here in Bolivia South america.
    So will this system work in Bolivia from the usa? How about the hd?
    Do I need anything else to get the signals?
    I have checked a couple of satellite sites and I can reach the necessary satellites (101, 110, and 119 degree satellites, plus the new Ka satellites at 99 and 103). Will the AT9 dish be capable of getting the signal.

Best Regards

Chumi

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    doubt it, the beams do not extend that far south

Post Thanks / Like
    The beams only go south enough to just into northern Mexico. You are a bit south of there.

There is a DirecTV Latin America service though. Not sure how many US stations it carries but you can check into that. I'm sure you'd use a different dish though.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cheebs did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cheebs did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cheebs did! Be COOL like cheebs and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a word, no.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cheebs did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cheebs did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cheebs did! Be COOL like cheebs and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post
    There is a DirecTV Latin America service though. Not sure how many US stations it carries but you can check into that. I'm sure you'd use a different dish though.

GLA (DTV Latin America) is worthless. No HD offerings and no plans for it either. Only place you could get US networks with GLA would be if your sub was in Puerto Rico, but I believe that the beam for those transponders does not reach that far into South America.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post
    The beams only go south enough to just into northern Mexico. You are a bit south of there.

Pretty sure DTV LA uses the round dish as that is what I saw mounted on several houses and apartments last time I was visiting the in-laws down in Bogotá Colombia.